1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conan O'Brien announces microfracture surgery to stop NBC from moving his time slot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Will, Jan 12, 2010.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That's bad ass, I hope they make a dvd.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

**** **** STACK!

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Awesome show, gwatson pretty much summed it up, the only thing we were disappointed about was the angle of our seats, we couldn't see the video screen that was behind him on stage.

Triumph saying the state animal was Mark Cuban was absolute gold....

4. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

Snooky has a TV show and I don't!!

5. Dave2000

hope you had a better view of the screen than we did, all I caught was Snooki's side boob

6. monkeyboy32

i was second row balcony, dead center so it was awesome.. altho i could have done without seeing snooky hahah

dam, so yall missed the video intro?? that was hilarious!

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJQU22Ttpwc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJQU22Ttpwc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

8. Dave2000

we saw what we could, he's what our view was....

[​IMG]

that little strip of viewing is what we saw of the videos, but we got the gist of the intro video, was pretty hilarious

if he saw 4 guys get up shouting when they said people from Houston over to your right near the wall, that was us :)

btw, if i remember correctly, that was a row of 4 hot chicks sitting in the front row in your area, like right behind the rail, which u could see clearly when Conan had the video camera looking at the audience

9. monkeyboy32

lol you sir, are correct! those chicks were directly in front of us reppin chicago. I didn't remember seeing the camera looking at the audience, but I was shocked they didn't make it on to the screen when he was scanning the audience for female groupies bc they looked good and were pretty buzzed/lively, I thought for sure I'd get a chance to "photo bomb". I was also pretty impressed that they were apparently familiar with Reggie Watts bc they knew the fock **** stack.

10. Dave2000

Conan didn't catch them on screen, oh but I noticed them with my naked eye :)

11. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

If by "naked eye" you mean your eyes were imagining them naked.

12. Dave2000

That is correct sir..... :grin:

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Just saw something that seemed really awkward and out of place on David Letterman's show.

Basically during the top 10, some audience guy interrupted. Asked if the show is going to get any better. Walked up to the stage looked at the rest of the top ten. Turned and said "This what they got rid of Conan for?!" And then proceeded to tell his wife / gf to get up and walk out of the studio audience.

At first, I figured it was staged and was waiting for some kind of punch line. Never happened.....just got really awkward....and the Conan remark came out of place, and seemed that the whole thing wasn't staged.

I just happened to have the tv left on in the living room, went to get some water and passed by during the fiasco.

Really seemed strange.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Its not like they film it live and couldn't cut it...

15. yo

yo Contributing Member

This. Crowd probably just didn't pick up on it.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That's what I figured. Just seemed so out of place...awkward...no punch line.

Was curious if they'd leave something like that to gain more attention.

17. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Just saw it here in LA. It's a bit, and I recognize the guy from somewhere. He's a standup comic.

If the guy is sitting in the first seat by the aisle, generally, you know what's up.

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Good job NBC...

Letterman Ties Leno, As Jay Falls Well Below Conan’s Tonight Show Ratings Trend

New & Improved! Now with calendar week ratings comparisons too!

For the first week since Jay Leno’s Tonight Show return, he was tied by David Letterman’s Late Show, as both shows averaged a 0.9 adults 18-49 rating for the week of June 7-11. Coming off a week of repeats for both shows, Leno fell a tenth of a point and Letterman gained two tenths.

That put Leno’s Tonight Show two tenths of a ratings point below Conan O’Brien’s Tonight Show ratings trend, comparing the ratings for each show’s fifteenth sequential week (note the first chart below).

It was 0.6 ratings points below the same calendar week of Conan’s Tonight Show ratings last summer (note the second chart below). Interestingly, Letterman’s Late Show had the same rating as it did for the week a year ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/06/1...below-conans-tonight-show-ratings-trend/54514

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MCQ7VLoY7bQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MCQ7VLoY7bQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

As much as everyone claimed it was about ratings (w/ Conan winning the 18-34 demographic), I thought it ultimately boiled down to who had the bigger severance package (Jay)?

20. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

[​IMG]