1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comparing Recent Summer League Performances

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tuckmose, Jul 20, 2024.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Are you an actual moron or just really good at pretending?

persian hoopa and Corrosion like this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Says the guy that accused me of cherry picking stats for TyTy when he completely left
    off TyTy.

I said TyTy was a waste of a first round pick the day we drafted him. I'm not going to put up his crappy
    stats except for the ones that match Sheppard's when you project them out equally to Reeds 33 minutes.

Wasn't TyTy a first round pick? How convenient you left out all his stats.

You didn't want to mention that Reed took 16.5 FGA's per game to TyTy's 9.

You are another knucklehead that thinks you know point guard play while not knowing jack s###.

Have the Rockets drafting point guards forever and ever. Post what I said about TyTy before/when
    we drafted him.

Post what I said about Amen before/when we drafted him.

Right on the money, but I'm the idiot. F you.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Glad someone did it.

Funny he called someone else an idiot ....

He's not pretending.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Reed was good but the combo of Amen and Cam was exciting even though Amen got sidetracked by injury.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I wish they would have played Amen in the SL, I'd like to see what he's ben working on and if it's "working"

Mathloom likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Real recognize real.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Decided to pull up the stats of various Sheppard comparisons during their rookie seasons in SL.

Jimmer Fredette:
    [​IMG]

Nik Stauskas:
    [​IMG]

Ben McLemore (noticing a lot of Kings players):
    [​IMG]

Stephen Curry:
    [​IMG]

Trae Young:
    [​IMG]

And just because I love @ApacheWarrior so much, his favorite player of all time: Tyrone Washington:
    [​IMG]

Mentioning that Reed took fewer than double TyTy's shots to score more than double the points he did as some kind of "own" is exactly the type of 70 IQ shenanigans I've come to expect from you.

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Your 20 IQ still doesn't get it.

I called TyTy a bust before the draft......and then we drafted him and I said that was a waste
    of a first round pick. I hate TyTy's game. And I'm comparing Reed to a bust that if you
    project TyTy's numbers to Reeds 33 minutes of play per game, you almost get the same s###.

Player.......mins.....pts....FGA.....3PA.....3P%....Rebs....Ast.....SPG.....blk......TOV
    Reed:
    ........33.1.....20.0....16.5......4.5.......27.8......4.8........5.3......2.8.......1.3.......4.8
    TyTy: ........26.5......9.4......9.6........4.0.......30.0......3.6........3.8......1.8.......0.4.......1.4
    TyTy:...33.1 (minutes projected):
    ................................11.7....11.9.......5.0......30.0.......4.5........4.8......2.3....... .50......1.8

So, TyTy if he took 16.5 FGA's in 33.1 minutes probably would have finished w/ around 15 pts.

What your little brain can't understand is that Summer league is not the same as NBA regular season.

We've seen many players go off in SL, only to be duds in the NBA.

TyTy Summer League:
    Good draft class
    +
    decent G-League players

Reed Summer League:
    One of the worst draft classes
    +
    decent G-League players

= TyTy (the bust) had to go against tougher competition.

The bust (TyTy) shot better from 3 than the world's greatest 3-point shooter everrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!

Quit being disingenuous and selectively deceptive and taking things out of context.

Jimmer had one or two good SL games as well.......didn't mean squat there after.

#48 ApacheWarrior, Jul 23, 2024 at 7:57 AM
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2024 at 8:20 AM
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wait, so Ty Ty avg better from 3 than Reed who shot 27.8% in SL? Is this why you came to Reeds rescue??

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I find it funny how SL stats mean nothing when the player you like is not doing so well.

Dobbizzle and ApacheWarrior like this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

And Sheppard defense is god awful.

Video below
    0:54 Reed just watches Dillingham blow by him.

1:03 Reed gets his pocket picked by taller defender. Has to protect the ball better.

1:42 Reed switched defensively on to big man rolling to the basket, switches in space to corner shooters,
    ........ completely loses him along the baseline for easy basketball.

2:31 couldn't handle slightly bigger player in fast break. Easy basket, might as well not try.

3:00 playing free safety on defense and ends up not guarding anybody.

3:16 jumps the passing lane like Cory Brewer, pros will recognize that Reed leaves his man
    ........in order to get in position to jump the passing lanes.

3:25 zone D. Gives up on the play and watches guys cutting to rim and score.

3:50 zone D guarding nobody. His area empty.

4:20 again zone, doing nothing but watching others cut and score.

Rest is zone defense, guessing because Reed can't handle bigger players near the rim and
    players of amateur status blow by him. Just wait until he plays in the NBA.

@Corrosion you are a mental midget. You don't know squat about basketball. That's why I had you
    on ignore before......pretending like you know something is still, just pretend.

12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Or when the player they don't like did better than the player they do. Like all stats, only the ones that confirm the bias count lol.

coachbadlee likes this.
  13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

If a player plays the right way, and puts up very good numbers summer league can be one way of telling if a player is an NBA player, I don't think it is enough to tell if someone is a definite star player though. Some guys can stat pad or get hot from shooting, but I think it still tells us something which is why they play the games.