1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Companies That Get ‘Woke’ Aren’t Going Broke — They’re More Profitable Than Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I feel like businesses should be cautious in taking political sides. In the context you pulled, this was the NBA pulling out of NC after the city was granted the privilege of hosting. As I am a customer to the NBA, my opinion does matter. I have largely stopped following the NBA, not specifically due to this issue, but of a culmination of it all becoming less interesting.

Businesses can boycott if they want too, even if I have an opinion on their decision. If I dont like the businesses decision, I can boycott the business.

B-Bob and ROXRAN like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So business can not boycott, but consumers can engage in cancel culture? Is that how you see it?

What do you think of the conservatives push back against people boycotting goya, or trying to have people fired for things they said? That seemed to be ok a few years ago, but are you saying it's now silly for consumers to do that?

Also if businesses should not take political sides, why is it ok for Goya to be pro-Trump? Or Chick-fil-a to be pro-life? Are you suggesting businesses should cease making donations to Republican candidates?

There are a lot of inconsistencies to your argument, so clarity is appreciated.

#123 Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 27, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My gosh, Texas beers. Shiner is a universe better than any of the Buds, Millers, etc. Not so sure I'd recommend Lone Star or Pearl... they're as bad as the Buds and Millers. St Arnolds is one of my favorites. And I really like Pilsners so Pilsner Urquel and St Arnold's Summer Pils are usually in the fridge.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's fair. I have some sort of weird nostalgia for both Pearl (with the little puzzles in the bottle caps) and PBR, both from younger days. But I don't cross their paths very often now!

Do you remember "rattle snake" beer from central Texas? I think they wrote "get bit!" or something like that on the bottles. Hahaha. It was tough going to drink a whole bottle of that, but some of my dad's friends loved it. They also relied heavily on Lone Star beer. :D

This thread has suddenly improved 110%, according to me.

6. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Shiner is my go to for mass produced, although there are better smaller brewery Bocks, Shiner is consistent. I like Karbach's Crawford Bock. Here is Dallas my local faves are Lakewood Temptress and Oak Highland's Freaky Deaky.

rocketsjudoka and B-Bob like this.
  7. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Back when I was 18 my best friend's Did a lot of handyman work. We went with him to this old man's house and he offered us a beer. Schaeffer Light. I think it is the worst beer I have ever had, but when you're 18...

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Young, dumb and full of ... fun.

Andre0087, Xopher and mdrowe00 like this.
  9. B-Bob

Yes! I had forgotten that stuff. So much worse than Bud Light. I need to apologize to the other poster. Schaeffer Light was truly the most horrible beer I've even consumed, and that includes comparing Schaeffer Light to bad Malt Liquors.

10. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...you kids be sure and let me know when you're ready to move up to the big-boy stuff.;)
    giphy.gif

#130 mdrowe00, Apr 27, 2023
    Andre0087, Xopher and B-Bob like this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL liberal logic clearly outlined

“sEe iT waS alL aPloy”

(Bud drops sales by nearly a quarter in the interim)

“tHeIr BeEr suCKs aNYwayS!”

12. dmoneybangbang

I thought you only cared about transgendering the kids?

Bud is part of a larger beverage consortium..... the parent company is approaching 52 week highs.......

rockbox and Andre0087 like this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

It was both a stupid move by the subsidiary Budweiser but also shows how fragile ad hypocritical the MAGA warriors are.

Andre0087 likes this.
  14. B-Bob

Not sure if I'm one of your hated liberals, but I never cared one bit about this issue or this brand, but it is a lot more fun for us to talk about beer than to hear you b**** about Woke brands or transgendering aluminum cans or whatever. And yeah, the beer does suck, badly.

Sorry to interrupt, keep the home fires hatin, as you were, we'ma letchya finish, etc,

mdrowe00, Andre0087 and rocketsjudoka like this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I would never cite you brother, you know that.

In terms of the b****ing, you do realize this is the D&D right?

#135 LosPollosHermanos, Apr 27, 2023
    B-Bob likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never had Karbach until last year when I came down to the Houston for the WS. I drank a lot of the Crawford bock before, during and after the WS games. Good stuff.

Two years ago at Rudyards I had some of the Buffalo Bayou beer and that was great.

B-Bob likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As one of those hated liberals defending trans people. Im still not going to be drinking Bud Lite.

Never liked it before, never heard of Dylan Mulbaney before and from what little I now know I don’t think her drink preferences would match mine either. For that matter haven’t liked Kid Rock since he switched from angry rap metal to nostalgia inducing pop.

this is one of those ludicrous side issues regarding “celebrities” that are far magnified far more than they should be. As I just brought up in another thread it shows up that this isn’t really a serious issue but just trying to gin up outrage.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I worked on karbach St when they started in 2011. It's really impressive how they've grown. I love it and St Arnold's

tinman likes this.
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

has to be photo shopped. They screwed themselves but its still a stretch in bidens inflation state