1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Companies That Get ‘Woke’ Aren’t Going Broke — They’re More Profitable Than Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Apr 12, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't know how much of this is the right swinging at air because they feel like they are losing cultural issues or how much of this is wealthy people just wanting to make sure white working class people are angry at corporations for cultural issues rather than economic system issues.

The last thing wealthy people in this country want is white working class people get in solidarity over economic class warfare with the rest of the working class.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mario curb stomping Disney

curbed stomped
    Brah

3. tinman

Supporting Member

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's not really conclusive of anything. Plus it looks like there is something just outside the frame. So likely another dishonest attempt.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Salvy likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

9. Nook

Nook Member

REI is now "WOKE".

I must have missed the memo..... I don't see the woke folks wearing REI clothing.....

10. Nook

Nook Member

This.

This has been the case since the founding of this country.

White people need to stick together......... those that are marginalized and white when they come here usually fall into the fold (Italians, Catholics, Irish and more and more Hispanics).

Everyone except black people and the latest immigrant group gets to associate with the powerful ruling class.

We still don't let black folks in, unless they are only half black or less..... Curry and Kardashian off spring are welcomed as long as they **** on those darker than them.

I used to think it was a uniquely American thing...... NOPE....... dark black people are hated just about the globe over. Only exception is parts of Africa. If there are not dark skinned folks to hate, then it is light skinned folks with some African DNA. Go to France.... light skinned African men are A-OK now for French women because now there are plenty of dark skinned foreigners to hate.

As I told my very light skinned nephew that looks like Christian McCaffrey - I'm glad you are popular, but don't you forget that you had two grandparents that were called ******* and had to drink out of a colored only water fountain.

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I have uncles, cousins, nephews like that...our family is like one big gumbo. 40 or 50 years ago the lighter skin and better grade of hair you had, the better hand you had in life. You could go far away and pass for white if you wanted and live without prejudice for the most part. I had a close relative that had a white guy come up to him at his job (during the 60s) and started complaining about uppity n!ggers to him not knowing he was black himself. So many wild stories...maybe one day MLK's dream will actually come to fruition. We have a loooooong way to go.

mdrowe00 and Nook like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

woke people prefer Patagonia and Lululemon

REI is good for finding clearance rack snow gear and beanie caps

Nook likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. Budweiser is nasty beer and Bud Light is even worse. I drank Bud years ago, before I knew there were much better beers out there. I can't stand Miller Light, Coors, or Coors Light either. Watered down alcohol with a beer flavor. I've noticed a lot of people who like to pound down beers for hours buy those light beers. That, and people who are too cheap to buy a beer with a good flavor. I don't care what they put on their labels. I don't like any of those beers.

DFWRocket likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Woke people don’t even want to drink breh
    Well
    Maybe the fat woke one’s who reply to your post

16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Well Deb, when I drink beer with friends and family it's Heineken; when I pound beers it's some cheap **** someone brought by that for some reason I can't remember the name of. :cool:

What is your favorite beer? The way you roast Trump here I know you have a go to...right?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

However will they find another blonde model?

tinman's obsession with Disney is just creepy and weird. Starting to get the sense that they have literally every Disney movie on blueray and go to DW multiple times a year.

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

FIFY...

Rashmon likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

On another note, how the heck did I manage to screw up that video clip like that?!

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. Budweiser is nasty beer and Bud Light is even worse. I drank Bud years ago, before I knew there were much better beers out there. I can't stand Miller Light, Coors, or Coors Light either. Watered down alcohol with a beer flavor. I've noticed a lot of people who like to pound down beers for hours but those light beers. That, and people who are too cheap to buy a beer with a good flavor. I don't care what they put on their labels. I don't like any of those beers.
    LOL. Honestly, my fav is Guinness or a good lager beer. I really don't drink very often. Now when I visit Ireland that's a different story. A good Guinness straight from the tap is hard to resist.

Andre0087 likes this.