1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Companies That Get ‘Woke’ Aren’t Going Broke — They’re More Profitable Than Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Apr 12, 2023.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Glad to see someone formally make the point, since I was arguing in the Disney thread that I don't see that they're suffering any financial losses from their wokeness.

But, as much as you might enjoy the impotence of stupid anti-woke boycotts, I'm actually pretty sad that these major corporations are so impervious to the complaints of customers. Not that Bud Light should choose maga beer drinkers over trans beer drinkers. But is there anything consumers can do to rein in corporate behavior they don't like? They mention Amazon in that article, and how AWS dropped hosting Parler and how Amazon Video made a terrible and also woke LOTR. But you know Amazon is also a monopolist that uses a loss leader strategy to put all of their competitors out of business so that in the long run all of us customers will be paying a monopolist's premium so Bezos can bang chicks in space. And we can't do anything about that either.

I do participate in some boycotts. But not because I think it will make any difference at all to the target. I just do it to avoid feeling dirty about doing business with companies or countries or state governments that I think have transgressed. Iow, their corporate behaviors have impacted my customer satisfaction to a point where I don't want their products. I think the antiwoke maga types should do the same. If they don't like Disney's diversity casting or whatever, don't watch. That's fine. But you're fooling yourself if you think you have any power at all over Disney.

Could be they bought rights from Trump Org to do that.

peleincubus likes this.
  2. edwardc

edwardc Member

Looks like a waste of a good building to me .

dobro1229 and Andre0087 like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

If it makes money you bet your ass they'd do it.

Xopher and Ottomaton like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean it should be obvious to anyone paying attention. Follow the pattern. If company after company is doing the same thing it means they find money in doing it.

I think what a lot of companies are finding that bad press is bad press, these 'boycotts' never hit them hard and all they do is get everyone talking about their product which in modern times means it boosts them up on an algorithim and it's free promotion.

But hey @tinman saw some random guy make a youtube video about how Disney is dying so he must be right!

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Disney getting curb stomped by Nintendo

Nintendo is targeting families
    And they are delivering in non woke cartoons

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

No they fear repercussion and play a safe side that’s why. Choosing to say ok to this stuff is a lot more safe than taking a stand against because than you’re just another virtue signaling company. I would do some of this **** too for profits (not because it would make me money, the fear of the intolerant left manufactruingnshit )

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Taking a stand against what?

Having a gay character in a show?

Again, companies dgaf about diversity, they follow the money. The money says this stuff works. People forget these are international companies and other countries don't have a sad % of their population whining that everything isn't made for straight white dudes anymore.

Ottomaton and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Jesus christ. Enough with the persecution fetish.

10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I'm sorry..but Budweiser has just gone too far this time. I will be boycotting!

[​IMG]

Nook, Xopher, JayGoogle and 5 others like this.
  11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I figured by now the only people who didn't have tinman on ignore were his @buddies...

Ottomaton and Buck Turgidson like this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That made literally no sense whatsoever . Try again

13. Buck Turgidson

I've got a ranch store, feed and small engine stuff, whose owners have had a giant Trump sign outside, and a whiteboard with "this is a no mask area" inside. So I stopped doing business there outside of emergency circumstances. Every year I do my taxes and look at what I would have spent there but spent elsewhere, it's about $20K/yr. The daughter who runs it says "I can't get my parents and these old guys to stop this bulls!!t."

Nook, DonnyMost and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Nobody likes this breh
    Breh

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Mario curb stomping Disney

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You're saying companies fear repercussion and hide true beliefs. Their beliefs are making money and growth. What none woke stuff are they hiding? Why would they talk any of that stuff. They 'want customers, they really don't want to antagonize anyone.

Why would a random ass any .small business be talking political **** that has nothing to do with nothing about their business and market

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You're saying companies fear repercussion and hide true beliefs. Their beliefs are making money and growth. What none woke stuff are they hiding? Why would they talk any of that stuff. They 'want customers, they really don't want to antagonize anyone.

Why would a random ass any .small business be talking political **** that has nothing to do with nothing about their business and market

18. Buck Turgidson

I threw Coca Cola in just for comparison's sake

[​IMG]

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Disney isn’t broke
    It’s just getting curb stomped by Nintendo

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't been to a Rockets game at Toyota Center in years but I have noticed that in Target Center and Target Field there are team gear from other teams sold.