1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Companies That Get ‘Woke’ Aren’t Going Broke — They’re More Profitable Than Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen the documentary and would love to. I'll be on the lookout for it. I did the light show at a club across the street from Love Street one summer. The live music there ended at midnight, so about twenty minutes later I was laying back on a cushion enjoying the 13th Floor Elevators or one of the other psychedelic groups, enjoying myself immensely.

The image below of the main area of the club was taken with a flash, as it normally was dark inside. Their lightshow was a heck of a lot better than what I was able to produce. I could explain how I did it, but the fellow in the video below shows much of the technique. This was during the late '60's, and as he gets into digital video, the use of a computer and the like, there was none of that back then.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

I'm sure you've heard that the Chobani Yogurt guy has bought Anchor Steam Brewery?

What's going on there?

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

anti-white racism is pervasive at The Washington Post

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/story/washington-post-shakeup

When Washington Post publisher Will Lewis and new interim executive editor Matt Murray met with staff Monday, the newsroom was still coming to terms with the abrupt exit of Sally Buzbee, who had led the paper since May 2021.

“Everyone was pretty shocked with your email last night,” one reporter said at the meeting, according to a source present. The reporter suggested that “the most cynical interpretation sort of feels like you chose two of your buddies to come in and help run the Post, and we now have four white men running three newsrooms,” and expressed surprise at this development given Lewis’s prior commitments to diversity...

...Later in the meeting, another reporter asked Lewis whether “any women or people of color were interviewed and seriously considered for either of these positions,” a question that prompted applause.

basso likes this.