1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coming around to Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jun 25, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Truer word have not been spoken.

Suggs might be the odd man out, and Toronto is the outsider organization up North, up in Canada.

JayGoogle likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont think Simmons' problem is going thru the motions and checking out. It's more of a mental block similar to Fultz. He had that 1 posession he had the dunk but still passed the ball thats a mental thing.

I dont deny that Mobley can indeed never improve due to a lack of love for bball. But the same is true for Green except in his case the risk is he never tries hard on defense and doesn learn to balance passing with scoring.

Capela has no offensive game as well but nobody calls him liability on offense. For centers its ok if they cant shoot sometimes. And in Mobley's case he does have shooting, its just not money yet but it is there esp mid range and jump hooks.

If you look at Mobley's scoring highlights, its not all putback dunks a lot of it are technical scoring moves like jab and go to a jump hook. That shows he does work on his game he doesnt rely on just his gifts.

#62 roslolian, Jun 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I really like that team and fit for Suggs the most anyway. Great organization, already has a big man he can run the PnR with. It really is the perfect fit for him since Lowry likely will be going to the Lakers or Philly or Miami or somewhere else.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Agree. However I wouldnt count on Holmgren or Banchero falling to us those guyd going 1 and 2.

Caesar likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Tmac's 6'8/6'9

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

But shooting can be learned! Just ask this guy:
    [​IMG]

Rockets4Life13 and JayGoogle like this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

True, but the offensive skillset is similar. I've seen comparisons to Kobe as well.

Both could be pie-in-the-sky optimism, but you never know. Neither of them were top-5 draft picks and they both did pretty well.

don grahamleone and bmelo like this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i’d like to figure out how badly Cleveland wants Mobley and then pick up an asset to move back a spot and draft Green. That would be ideal to my mind. Not sure Stone is competent enough not to get played though.

9. varughese.arun

Great point. I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall during those interviews.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

TMac was 6'6/6'7.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Thats fine and to your capela comparison, not capela or gobert for example were drafted at #2. Were looking for a franchise player. A superstar. Even AD couldn't help New Orleans win much of anything. Its a perimeter players league. Taking that knowledge and adding the worries of Mobley's interest level, and that's enough to pass IMO.

I won't throw a fit if Mobley is the pick, but we'll definitely need to put all of our chips into developing KPj into a star or draft a perimeter star next year.

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

I dont think were going to play ourselves out of a chance to jump up in the Draft lottery. Besides, Adam Silver still owes us.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the rumors are true that Cleveland is shopping Sexton then it means Cleveland might not want Mobley at all and are focused on Suggs or Green.

topfive, Aruba77 and Caesar like this.
  14. Denovo

Denovo Member

You didn’t watch the whole video. He spoke on defense at 23:57

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Tmac often looked taller than 6'8 GHill and much taller than 6'7 Penny.
    Most recently a 6'7 listed Scottie dwarfed Tmac. Either Scottie grew to 6'10 with 8ft wingspan or TMac looked like a kid next to him bc he's listed wrong. Nba measurement history is so messed up and inaccurate, but I trust the NBA is trying to right that now.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm solidly sold on Jalen Green after riding for Mobley.

I believe by July this will be a 1 A / 1 B situation with Green and Cade. He's going to be a lock to be top 2.

Deuce, don grahamleone, Amel and 6 others like this.
  17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Why are they trying to get rid of him? I'll admit I barely know much of their team right now but from what I saw, sexton is legit and has some of that cocky ******* in him that I love.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They are the Cavs after all. I'm guessing since they plan on drafting Green or Suggs that they don't want to have 3 young guards.

don grahamleone and Caesar like this.
  19. Rockets4Life13

From what i picked up browsing cavs reddit and realgm is that he doesn’t really ever pass the ball

roslolian, JayGoogle and Caesar like this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How did you see the light?

I gotta say

Kevin Porter Jr.
    Jalen Green
    Jae'Sean Tate
    KJ Martin
    Christian Wood

Would be a HELL of a lot of fun next year.

Operation dump Wall/Gordon and let's have some fun.

hajkov and HP3 like this.