1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comicpalooza In Houston This Weekend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hilltopper, May 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I have been to this for a few years. I've never bought multiple day passes or preregistered and I've never done any of these autograph or photo sessions with celebrities. I keep reading that both things have become real cluster****s at Comicpalooza.

2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I went on Saturday, saw 21 and brock. I was disappointed with the lack of anime merch but it was fun.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The guy is one of the fathers of Marvel comics and won't be around much longer.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So what your saying ISO should have bought Iron Man's first appearance omic for $100 then had him sign it? :(

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I guess Harden can afford Iron Man 1, although Lee is only the editor. What he really wants is Tales of Suspense 39, first appearance of Iron Man and created by Kirby and Lee.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Took my Son, Nephew, and Neice.
    We had a great time.

This is my second year
    I will be back next year

Rocket River

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i thought it lived up to its name this year. got some great pics. and there's nothing geeky about cosplay women.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

First time going this year, I had a great time. I was mostly going to see Bret Hart and Kevin Nash since they were some of my favorite wrestlers growing up. Ended up getting pics with Gregory "Hurricane" Helms, Victoria (Lisa Marie Varon), and Amy "Lita" Dumas.

I was bummed out that Jason Mewes was only scheduled for a Q&A panel, but surprisingly since I was wearing my Jay and Silent Bob shirt, Hurricane was the one that gave me the heads up he was doing autograph/photo session with the Comic Book Men. I was ecstatic, and he only charged $10 to take a pic, hell I took a pic with him twice, one solo, then another with a former coworker and friend of mine I haven't seen in 10 years.

I caught 2 Q&As, one with the original Power Rangers casts there were there on Sunday, then the Comic Book Men/Jason Mewes one today. Both entertaining but somebody just need to know when they know they are asking a stupid question.

The only complaint I had was the cluster mess they had Saturday morning getting the wristband. I bought a 4 day badge, went after work Friday night, no line at all. Saturday came around, had to go through the will call line for the single day pass for my cousin that came with me, waited for almost a hour for a ticket I already bought online while the Registration/Ticket Purchase line was 1/2 as long. Learned my lesson to either go REAL early, or go after 1pm for a shorter line.

Depending on the line up next year, I'll definitely go

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Went Saturday with the wife and outside of the insane will call lines to pick up tickets it was a good time. Mostly love to people watch, some great cosplayers out there. Had an even better time at the Hilton bar after the show before we headed off to our hotel.

11. MykTek

MykTek Member

it was fun as usually, got Clark Gregg's autograph... long ass line for it though... but enjoyed it. now i'm pumped for SDCC in July