1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Comic Book Cinema] DC's Suicide Squad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 2, 2014.

1. nono

nono Member

The only reason they're churning out these comic book movies is the money. They aren't interesting at all and are really devoid of any real story or characters. Great for 12 year olds who want to watch super powered people destroy **** but useless otherwise.

2. nono

nono Member

Legit. I'm not spending any of my money on this crap anymore.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I completely agree with this philosophy. As long as I'm entertained I'm happy.

But, I was completely blown away by the original trailer that came out to the music of "I Started a Joke". That preview was a lot of the same scenes as future trailers but just seemed much darker, which I liked and was looking forward to.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yeah they did a complete 180 as far as tone goes. Some of the more darker, serious moments was shown in flashes with music playing.

5. nono

nono Member

It won't be difficult to find better entertainment for your money than this movie.

1 person likes this.
  6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Different strokes for different folks. Movies, like all forms of art, have entirely subjective value. There are no "good" or "bad" movies, only stuff you like and stuff you don't. Some people like slick looking special effects driven action adventures. Some people like low budget horror, some people like sappy romcoms. Superhero movies don't float your boat? Great, watch something else. Some of us like them, even if we haven't been 12 for a long time.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This movie sucked.

It was a cross between a marvel knock off, a Snyder slow motion movie and MTV teen wolf.

I heard the WB even went to the folks that make the first trailer to get advice on the film. All they wanted to do was make focus groups happy.

Too many chefs in the damn kitchen and it looks like it. Poorly edited to boot. Like they forgot how the witch escaped.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The company that made the trailers did more than just consult. WB hired them to re-edit everything Ayers had put together.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My friend who's really into comics, superhero's, drawing etc watched the movie, I would have expected her of all people to find something she liked about the movie...but nope, she said it was awful.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I just got home, went in with low expectations and while I agree with a lot of the negatives I really liked it, need to see it on a bigger screen though!

11. nono

nono Member

I went overboard with the 12 year olds comment. Let's just say there are good superhero movies and bad ones. This was bad. I liked Deadpool. I think too much stuff happening in one movie is a bad idea and they should never bring together these assembles of heroes because people end up not caring for anyone. These movies are primarily kept alive because of the enthusiasm of children who don't know any better. It was garbage just like Batman vs Superman but they'll both make their money back which means more will come.

12. AXG

AXG Member

I didn't think the movie was bad. Obviously, they should have done more with The Joker and they should have made it rated-R. Overall, it was about what I expected. Margot Robbie alone is worth the price of admission. I saw it for free, but you get the idea. ;)

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I liked th movie but reading those scenes really pisses me off. I would have loved to see the darker Joker/Harley relationship.

I thought the helicopter scene looked weird and even wondered if he actually did what #21 says. You can barely see it in the final cut.

15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seems like every one of their movies have to be recut to be good
    That says they rushed it and were not confident in the product

Rocket River

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

They reacted to the bad reviews from BvS and tried to "fix" Suicide Squad. They ended causing more harm than good.

18. 713

713 Member

Who knows maybe the director cut was even worse than what we got. Dumpster fire all around. I doubt people will show up for Wonder Woman in the first place now I really think people are abandoning ship with this "Cinematic" universe.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Don't give people too much credit. I'm sure WW will have its share of box office records and people will flock to see the first superhero movie featuring a female lead. Plus, it's a different creative team all around.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Again....these 2 movies have Zach Snyder influence before WB/DC stepped in. Wonder Woman had virtually no Snyder except for "story by" (which means same universe). Script and Director were independent. JL will be different because it is the first movie with DC directly overseeing production. Snyder has been reigned in...and this will be his last movie in the DC universe.