1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Come on Stone *********!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jun 22, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I gave him a compliment and he is Gawd, truly not.

#161 daywalker02, Feb 8, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Presti is a great GM... and he's been fleeced by the Rockets twice. Once in the Harden trade. Once for Sengun. (But he did fleece us in the Westbrook for CP3 and an ass ton of picks deal. That one still hurts.)

I find it interesting that the anti-Stone crowd never acknowledge that he wrecked Presti in the Sengun trade.

3. Williamson

I like him, but he's 6'1. I don't think I'd trade up to get a 6'1 roleplayer. If we're aiming for a shooter, I think Kyle Filipowski could help with both that need and the future back up center role.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

To be fair the rockets should be targeting role players now that fit a specific need.

Unless you think that none of the 6 guys on the Rockets will make up a competitive team and you are still looking for that one player.

Then you are trying amass assets for a bigger trade to bring in I guess a top 25ish young player ??

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Am very underwhelmed that we still sit here with Landale, Tate, Bullock, Jalen.

#165 AroundTheWorld, Feb 8, 2024
    BigggReddd likes this.
  6. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Quit being so negative….just kidding as those are my exact thoughts as well.

#166 Imanimal, Feb 8, 2024
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's 6'3, and probably the best shooter in college. Lord knows we need a great 3PT shooter to add to our roster.

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

9. Williamson

I assume this was meant to be a response to me calling Reed Shephard a 6'1 roleplayer. And it's not the roleplayer part I object to, it's the 6'1 part. There aren't a lot of guys succeeding at this level at that height. It's super rare.

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

as ive said of Stone all along... he's been far too content to just sit on hands and let 'the process' happen...

I'm sorry i dont think the straight odds on 'the process' are a winning hand... simply tanking for X years, playing the lottery and then going with the consensus pick at your spot typically aint gonna get it done!

sure, u could lucky... draft a generational talent who happens to coincide with your tanking efforts... maybe run the table a few years and get a solid return for your picks... but not likely. lol

Really i think u gotta take some shots amidst 'the process'... i mean woods, kpj, etc... they were reasonable low investment gambles and i dont fault him for taking them...

but sooner or later u gotta throw yer stones on the table and take a shot....

i know 'multiple frps for bridges' isnt real attractive - but that is the TYPE of shot u gotta take imo.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yes, but only in general.

Also that’s a lot of talk about 6’1 when the guy is 6’3.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We offered they declined

13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Jalen's been our best player the last 8-10 games

14. kjayp

i get that... im sayin u keep hammering for such options... iirc this is the first substantial offer that Stone's ever put out there... after too much time sitting on his hands...

what's option B? nothin? lol

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Landale I get because he’s a contract asset this offseason (assuming Stone can eventually pull off a good trade). I’m assuming Bullock couldn’t even fetch a 2nd rounder. Jalen I always figured would be moved in the offseason when teams have more trade flexibility and can take on additional roster spots. But Tate to me is a head scratcher. I get that his $7mil is partially guaranteed and that’s an asset this offseason, but we don’t have much draft capital anymore and we have some significant positions of need. I had hoped that we could at least convert Tate into a player at a position of need or draft capital to restock our coffers. I don’t see playing time for Dillon, Tari, Cam and Tate. The fact that they did nothing to improve the team at the deadline is very disappointing and it sends a message that they don’t care about this year. As a fan who watches the games that’s really hard to take. Some positive marginal moves that address glaring problems would have been good.

Little Bit, AroundTheWorld and kjayp like this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

And why is this the time we should take our shot especially for something not real attractive?

Lets be honest, you want to make a move to make a move?

#176 dmoneybangbang, Feb 8, 2024
    majicdonjuan likes this.
  17. kjayp

im sayin id like to at least hear thet we're in the conversations...

if its decided that the price is too high - fine... but lets at least get on the lot and kick some tires... lol

18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Option B is to fire Stone as he disappoints year after year at the trade deadline.

19. prs325

prs325 Member

We’re getting Tari Eason
    And
    Fred Van Vleet
    This team is loaded for the play-in

AroundTheWorld and BMoney like this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

What conversations? We were in the conversation for making a big move with Bridges and a lesser one with Tate. We traded for Adams so there's another conversation.

:D