1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Come on Stone *********!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jun 22, 2023.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Who is flaming me? LOL - I am saying Kobe's rookie year to Cam's are pretty close - and their aggressiveness and confidence remind me of each other.

Most people here never saw Kobe as a rookie, so they have no real context.....and they just want to throw their poo around like monkeys.

Oh, Francis - he is a hater, he travels around trying to pick fights, he is harmless though.....

DD

solid likes this.
  3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I watched Kobe as a rookie. His game was a lot different. He was a skinny kid who couldn't do much in the paint at that point.

Paul George is a comparison I haven't seen anyone mention. Granted, he is over an inch taller and wasn't quite as developed as Cam as a rookie (but moreso than Kobe). His style of play was similar early on, though--very straightforward, lots of 3 balls and strong drives to the hoop. Really not a good playmaker early in his career, usually looked to score. Good rebounder. A functional handle but no bag.

Yeah, I could see Cam becoming something like a shorter, stronger PG-13.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

1. I’m definitely harmless.
    2. I didn’t blame you for comparing Cam to Kobe. As Ive educated you, I have been verbosely all over Cam since well before the draft.
    3. I want you to know that neither me or anyone else on the internet holds your **** takes against you.

5. Risingred

Risingred Member

As long as Cam turns out to a consistent player, star or not, I'm happy. I don't want to watch a player playing like an all-star for one month and then the worst player on the whole league on the next month. It's really taxing on your emotions if you are fans.

ramotadab and OremLK like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I have no **** takes, just takes that are opinions of my own - I don't think others have **** takes either, we are all just fools on the internet arguing about our team - none of us make our living in basketball...

Fan is short for fanatics, as Clutchfans proves on a daily.

And I can't help it if I was first on the Cam train....or 2nd, or well actually very early....like you.....I see what I see......

DD

Old School74 and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

You were the one who started the original Alperen Sengun thread. You always have my sincere respect.

Jontro likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

cam is more like nathaniel cornelius robinson

Ankara1923 likes this.
  9. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Or Husnu Cakirgil, 6'6" small forward, once a top scorer of Turkish Basketball League.

Husnu was a sniper, just scored, nothing else. That was the reason he was not drafted

Jontro likes this.
  10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Won't get that at the trade deadline. Off Season is the better option

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

it is truly insane to just double down on every single error you make on this board. Give me something finite here because I really have zero issue ever admitting I am wrong. But I want something from you in regards to Whitmore other other than. “Eh I guess Id take him at 4” or “Better than Amen”.

Or better yet just state the truth…. you saw Cam play in summer league and preseason and you quickly fell in love.

if you prop yourself up without receipts, it is a……. **** take. Ask Kysre!

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

we all know the rox dun need shooters. we need perimeter defenders. we already have amen and brooks for offense

Ankara1923 likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

Tick tok Stone.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Sadly, if nothing further happens, he will just say there was no good deal to be made.
    And if challenged on the issue, he will just ask if he should have made a bad one.

If the dialogue stops there, the entire point is missed.
    The point is, its Stone's job to find good deals.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Didn't you forget, "We like the team we have bullsquat bullsquat bullsquat"?

AroundTheWorld and jim1961 like this.
  17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

If his job is to find good deals, his track record has been great. 3 years in the rebuild and our young players & FA signings are producing. You acknowledge the job he's done so far?

18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The clock started once Harden said he wanted out

jim1961 likes this.
  19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Acknowledge there is more to do?

Furthermore, the job is never finished.
    You always look for ways to improve.

Sometimes raising the question as to his track record makes it sound like because he has done well in the past, he can kick back and do nothing for a while.

20. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Acknowledge the job he's done so far has been commendable, considering this is only year 3 into the rebuild. Solid young pieces, draft capital, cap space etc...You'd agree with that certainly? Once we establish that then feel free to critique