1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COMCAST sucked again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TeamUSA, Mar 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Ok, I know I have created a thread about the LCD and I said there that I alraeady ordered HD from comcast and they're supposed to install the service today between 8-11AM.

Well, THEY DID NOT SHOW UP, AGAIN!!!!

I had the same experience with 6 months back that's why I don't have cable tv, I'm pissed pissed off..... :mad: :mad: :mad: This is what happens when cable business is monopolized by one company. They can just do anything they lke to customers.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

are you in a place where you can't satellite or uverse?

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

my neighbors have dishnetwork and that other dish company. I haven't heard of uverse.

4. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

It's from AT&T. You should check it out.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude. get dish/directv/uverse over cable.
    its a better deal. i can't cause i have wierd condo restrictions;.
    dump cable if you can.

6. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

thanks. my internet provider is at&t, i sre would check it out...

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    OH, NO! We suck again! :( - ComCast

--------------------
    I have at&t U-verse. I highly recommend it. :cool: HD is awesome, you get 1 HD DVR, 2 more HD-ready receivers, and a wireless gateway for your devices for DSL. It's uversastic. ;)

#7 SwoLy-D, Mar 13, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  8. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Had Comcast for a while now and had no complaints, plus my bill is reasonable (so I believe) for HDTV and internet services

$KO40A$

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I was a Time Warner addict. The quality was always good so I never b****ed about the price.

Now that Comcast has taken over my service sucks. I've had them out 6 times and they still can't fix the problem. They've switched boxes. They've rewired. They just suck.

My boxes regularly reset themselves and have to be reauthorized so I have to call in and wait 15-30 mins to make them work. My ondemand hardly ever works. I have to reboot my boxes regularly. My DVR box won't rewind live TV unless I'm taping the show. The same box drops out the audio intermittently on recorded programs. My cable modem goes off line every night at midnight and doesn't come back on line for hours sometimes.

Uverse just became available in my area but here is my problem. I have 2 HD DVR boxes, 2 normal boxes, and 4 other TV's hooked up without boxes to basic cable. Doesn't that mean with Uverse I'd have to have 8 boxes?

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

VooDooPope, you could rent another HD receiver with U-verse, and 4 additional ones. What's the problem there? :confused:

11. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

Do you have a HD box? We were having these problems with our old box, but when we got an HD tv and switched to the HD box the problems went away.

I hear good things about Direct tv. I like having cable for my internet and I am too lazy to try something new, so I stick with comcast. I am not thrilled with the company by any means, it is pure inertia on my part. Sort of a don't fix what isn't too badly broken.

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I didn't see the # of boxes you get last time I checked (at the time it wasn't available in my area yet).

Now I see it in the post above mine. I may look into switching.

13. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

i have the same freakin issues and im sick of it.....im switching to u-verse

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Bad news for someone like me.

With Uverse you can have up to 6 boxes, but only 4 signals at one time. So only 4 TV's can be on at one time. SO I can't have my HDTV in the game room on one game, with my projector projecting another game on the wall, while my son watches TV in his room, and my daughter watches TV in hers, while my wife watches another HDTV downstairs. :mad: :mad: :mad:

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

good grief y'all should watch less tv

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

its not like it happens all the time but during football and basketball season I can easily have a couple games going in my gameroom/bar and the Wife and kids could be watching other things. I'm sure your wife and kids always like to watch the same program as you.

17. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

I feel yah. These guys are unreliable.