1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

If you live within the Rocket's viewing area the game's will be blacked out,even with league pass.I tried to find a map of the viewing area but couldn't.It is rather large and probably extends over 100-200 miles in any direction,not sure but maybe someone could find a coverage map,

This has nothing to do with your service provider,so don't blame them.I used to work for Dish and people would be pissed but it's the NBA that set's the boundaries.

If you have satellite there is only one way around it .... First you have to have an address outside of the Rocket's viewing area.It has to be legitimate,could be your in laws in Arizona but they shouldn't have the same service or be planning on getting it.I have even seen ppl use the address of a business and even vacant lots.

So anyway the trick is to call Dish/Direct and give them some type of believable story ...for example...maybe you are taking a temporary job in another state and would like to have the locals switched to the new area(outside Rockets viewing area).

They will try and set up a "movers" service but just tell them you have it covered,either know someone that will set it up or can do it yourself.

If you receive a paper bill make sure and tell them you want it to still go to old address.If you are paperless you should be good.

The major drawback is that you will loose your current locals.If you can get them on an antenna it's no big deal.

#161 DAROckets, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  2. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

The NBA tv games are replayed early in the morning. I recorded the sa - hou game at 2am monday morning and I set the no - hou game to record early thur morning.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

So let me get this straight, the Rockets created a network that most of their fans have no access to, pure genius:rolleyes:

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Have directv, and NBA TV. So the bottom line is no Rockets on tv in Houston now or in the regular season till something changes?::(

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I know, right? Brilliant idea guys! I'm this >< close to buying a Thunder jersey.

"If you can't get the channel, please attend the games in person. It's a great experience for the WHOLE family!"

Lick my scroat.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Let's start a movement to just boycott the damn games in person, too.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm not going to buy tickets until both sides work this out. This is just wrong that I can't watch the Rockets anymore!

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

Looks like Uverse is showing the game on 1756.

9. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

I hate it when a tv channel and the cable company have a disagreement, because either ways it's the customer who is going to get screwed.

10. JamesC

JamesC Member

**** they started showing the game and blacked it out.:mad:

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I haven't even bothered watching the preseason games because of this, it's so inconvenient having to stream online in **** quality in front of a computer.

So ****ing stupid I can't watch Houston Rockets games IN HOUSTON.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think I can do it much longer... First time in a long time I haven't watched a full Rockets game DVR or Live.

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

This coverage mess reminds me of the Longhorn Network and how destructive its implementation has been. BTW, I'm a Life Member Texas Ex so I can make this statement with all due fairness. The Rockets, like the Longhorns, may well wind up shooting themselves in the foot by chasing a few extra coins.

14. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

That movement has been underway for quite some time now.

15. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Someone should setup a protest at the home opener.

16. VanityHalfBlack

Yo fo realz.... I'm gonna bring a sign disrespecting Comcast/ have a petition to shut Comcast down!!!

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yup, I'm not even gonna bother going to a game, a bar and I will not go downstairs to stream a game on the computer. I'm on a computer all day, so the last thing I want to do when I get home is get back on one. Until this settles I'll watch league pass or football. I'm not signing a petition for Comcast ever. POS company.

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm already compiling a list of teams I wouldn't mind following this season.

I'm going to pick one of those teams and become a fan of their's until I can actually watch Rockets games.

19. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

It's run by a bunch of CROOKS.

SCAMMERS.

ROBBERS.

THIEVES.

You name it.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Same here. This whole thing pisses me off a lot.