1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. eman

eman Contributing Member

Looks like we'll have to boycott our beloved Rockets. What a deal.

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I hate to break it to you guys but there most likely will not be a deal made until Astros season. They own more of the Network than the Rockets do

4. stupidog

stupidog Member

Please God NOOOO!!!!

5. RMR14

RMR14 Member

Its more about being heard than thinking anything will actually be done....not that I have done this but im glad people are doing it

6. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

It's ridiculously stupid. It's like Comcast is sitting on the throne and laughing at us because we can't watch the Rockets. They don't care about people at all. They are selfish and greedy and cares about money.

1 person likes this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I've been a Rockets fan all my life...but honestly, it's hard to imagine being much of a fan when you can't watch a team for 6 years. That's nuts.

8. RMR14

RMR14 Member

That article is scary, lets hope that doesnt happen here. I dont think its out of the question for this to go on all season, how sad that would be

9. nikervc

nikervc Member

After chatting with the CSR with Dish for 5 minutes all i got was as apology and 2 PPV for $6.99 each....I said wow, that really made me feel better!! NOT!!

10. eman

eman Contributing Member

I am boycotting this and all the Rockets games and merchandising, and encourage all other Rockets fan to do the same, until CSN Houston is carried on all the media outlets.

11. NeonTiger

NeonTiger Member

Just switched to Comcast.. No more waiting for 9 minute Clutch highlights.

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No, are you a Comcast person? Why are we going to switch a bad provider?

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Did you notice that the Rocket's web page, Rockets.com, has no fan feedback function. The contact tab goes nowhere. Essentially, the Rocket's don't want to hear from their fans, just buy their tickets and merchandise. Therefore we can't tell them how they have shut out us out of their "private" TV network. History and momentum are carrying us for now, but this won't last long.Good luck Rockets on screwing the majority of your fans. Do you really think it is going to work out for you?

14. Summer Song Giver

You have to click on the Chinese language site (top right of page) for the feedback link to work, they obviously only care about the Chinese' opinions.

^purely fictional except for the fact that there is a readily available link to switch to Chinese or Manadrin, whatever.

**** Le$, **** The A$tro$, **** Comca$t

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Comcast has been great for me. I've had Dish, DTV and Comcast and the latter is by far the best experience I've had.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Does this qualify as grounds for breaking a contract? Any longer with this and I'm switching back to Comcast, but I'm stuck in a 2 year contract with dish. Would this be a legit reason that I can break the contract?

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i can't imagine that their decision to not carry a channel that didn't exist at the time you signed the contract would be grounds for breaking it....

you can break it, you'll just owe a penalty.

18. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

I keep coming back to this thread every day hoping someone has some breaking news but it just never happens... :(

Please Lord dont let this drag on all the way till the start of the Astros season!

19. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

Can't we just flood Daryl morey's twitter I'm sure the rockets have one as well.

20. gossamer16

gossamer16 Member

Uhm Comcast is utter crap, far less HD TV channels, slow archaic old cable boxes would take an hour at least just to scroll through the channels, tiny little DVR's, flakey service that works when it wants to. Seriously if you're going to praise Concash at least get your facts straight, there is a VERY good reason year in and year out they are ranked one of the 10 worst companies in America.