1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. eman

eman Contributing Member

Is there any way we fans can motivate the parties to get the games on all the outlets? Clutch, lead us! Tell us what to do!

2. RMR14

RMR14 Member

1st post, been lurking around here for a couple years. Came here to say I hate this $#%+. I'm sure as hell not getting Comcast, so this needs to be resolved ASAP

1 person likes this.
  3. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Okay, i see now. You can watch 5 teams for $135. The broadband package for all teams is $180.

4. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Yeah I just figured not many people would want the whole package.

5. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Dallas Mavs game was on Fox Sports in Houston tonight...adding salt to the wounds...

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Wow. It's a good thing the Rockets have Harden and Lin, or it could have been an Astros-Rangers situation. Btw, that is going to really hurt the Astros if the young prospects don't make it up to the big leagues and perform well.

7. Awkh

Awkh Member

I live in Laredo, TX with Time Warner and all I get is the Fox Sports Southwest channel that only televises all the Spurs and Mavericks games.

I was wondering if I buy the NBA League Pass will I be blacked out of watching the Rockets games?! I'm not in the regional area that televises Houston sports games.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Talked with Comcast today: they are clueless, at least the guy I talked with.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Guess I have to start watching OKC Mavs and Spurs. Thanks Les for being greedy.

1 person likes this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No surprise there. All those people were always clueless about everything, whether it was pricing, technical support, etc

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Laredo has to be at least 250 or more miles from Houston ? Seems like you're still considered "local" .Here is a graphic from nba.com.I don't know when or why these expanded,they used to be 150 miles in any direction

[​IMG]

http://leaguepasssupport.nba.com/link/portal/7801/7801/Article/143/-What-are-blackouts

12. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think that graphic is accurate. It shows Beaumont outside the blackout circle and it is not. It looks more like they centered the circle over SA instead of Houston. I think it is more a graphic to try to help explain how the rules work, more so than an accurate depiction of the actual blackout areas.

13. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

I don't think Austin should be in it either. I got see all 3 games on the Free League Pass preview.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is correct.

And if FSH was showing the Mavs last night, it was in direct violation of the blackout rules.

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Thanks for the re-sticky Clutchington.

16. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

Over here in Beaumont, I now get Rangers and Mavs games on FSSW. I was surprised during the baseball season there were so many Rangers games on tv.

17. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

It is very disappointing to see the Rockets determine that this is best for the fans. The Rockets have ultimate control on the price they set for their product on cable, i.e how much they charge Uverse to pick up the station. The Rockets are loosing viewers and advertising $$...less people watching...the less they can charge for ads.

I will never sign up for Comcast...ever! I am Uverse tried and true and if the Rockets are willing to sweep me and my 27 years of loyalty under the rug...then so be it. I can always watch college ball.

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

I feel your pain, man. I bet this money-grab is going to backfire big-time.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Since you obviously have inside knowledge on these negotiations, can you please share with us the specifics of what CSN is demanding as well as the details of what DTV/Dish/U-Verse are offering?

Thanks!

I know, it's going to SUCK SO BAD that two of our sports teams will be receiving more revenue due to this station once this issue is resolved than they were in the past. I, for one, hate it when the sports franchises I root for have more money. I much prefer my teams to be like the Charlotte Bobcats and Pittsburgh Pirates of the sports world.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Are we there yet? :rolleyes: