1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

A CYPER , DIGITAL PUNCH TO COMCAST, LES, AND CABLE PROVIDERS..

[​IMG]

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, how DARE we want to watch the games on TV and not via some choppy virus-filled internet stream.

3. RedHotRockets01

I think they're both just being greedy bastards and forgetting who put them into that position to begin with. I tried leaving nasty posts on the CSN FB page and surprise surprise, didnt work. These turds need to be cut down to size!!! I put up with David Wesley, Mike James, and Juwanna Mann Howard, I DESERVE TO SEE ASIK AND DESTROY AND JAMES "B**CH I GO" HARDEN!!!!!

4. MystikArkitect

I see there's a petition for Comcast Sportsnet, basically threatening to jump ship if DirecTV, Dish Network, and Uverse don't get their stuff straight.

Why no petition against the Rockets and Astros threatening that if they don't get their stuff straight we will stop supporting the franchise? I want to watch the Rockets as much as the next guy but if I'm DirecTV, Dish or Uverse, I'm saying:

"We had you on Foxsports, you switch and make your own network which blatantly advertises a competitor in the very name of the channel, now WE have to bend over backwards for you? Go screw yourself please, thanks."

Not blaming the cable providers...not one bit.

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I've tried dozens of feeds and the only one that was HD was a Lakers feed.Yea you can watch the games but it is crappy quality.It's worse than going back to the 1970's

6. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

You're right, Lakers games have the best quality. Knicks games are solid too...but any other team, it's terrible quality. Thought the game last night would have some solid streams, all the same.

7. nickg

nickg Member

Honestly, I don't care nearly as much as I thought I would. Can't watch the rockets, but there are games on nearly every night of the week. I follow the game threads and watch highlights, but the only way I will be changing from Uverse is if Google fiber comes to houston.

Can't blame them for not picking up the channel if the price is wrong.

8. GMNot

GMNot Member

Yeah, one irony is how fans and players probably feel "dissed" because national TV coverage has gotten worse over the years, and now, they can't even appear anywhere on providers like DirecTV or Dish -- at least, in Texas, AFAIK.

If the Rockets and Astros think their "product" is that valuable, why not structure a contract just like they would with incentives for a player. First year, bargain -- after that, if viewership proves worthy, negotiate a higher price.

Neither party (Rockets and esp. Astros) would likely want to do this, as after the first year, they probably wouldn't have any better bargaining power. The Rockets being, basically a .500 club don't have much bargaining power now. Fan reaction here indicates many have a ho-hum attitude about the loss of game availability. Tell me how that furthers their ability to get a higher price?

What they are doing just doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint. Here they had the perfect opportunity to capitalize on the signing of Lin and then Harden and they squandered it and decided to hold their breath to get more. I think they are the ones who'll be turning blue; not the major providers.

Sit in a corner and claim victory, while other teams have their games televised to much larger audiences.

If anyone at the Rockets organization looks at CF and follows this thread, please state your case for moving to Comcast vs. what you had with FSH. With 204,000+ views for this thread, I think you'll find an attentive audience. If you can't post a positive case, well, then we have to conclude you don't have one.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Do you really not understand why these two teams would want their own regional network? You do realize this network wasn't proposed this summer right? I'm sure if the Rockets knew how this would turn out, they would've done things differently, but they didn't do this thinking it would screw over a large number of fans who wouldn't be able to see them on their provider. I'm sure when they signed over negotiating rights, they figured this would be resolved now.

10. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Daniel if this made no sense, send a reply and ill explain it too you. Really it is not that hard. p.s. I work at Phonoscope one of the company's that have the Rockets. But can't get it at my own home!.....lol

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

This feels like groundhog day.....lol get to the site listed as:

http://roxbball.wix.com/none before the game. really.

ok it's not always perfect but I had a beautiful pix and audio.

Its the best out there and there are others. We have to suck it up till this cracks, but it beats no rockets

if you are buying low end connectiviy you get what you pay for upgrade to next level of download,,,,usually 5 bucks more...you should see a dynamic difference.

12. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

Alright then, I'd love to hear it

13. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

Judging from the ad that played on that website, the quality isn't good

14. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I've watched a couple of games through that link.It's not bad but it's not HD and it lags quite a bit....but yea it's better than nothing and I am thankful to whoever puts up the stream.

I have the highest speed I can get with DSL

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

best feed ive found on the net.. legible fotn from broadcast, players are distinguishable, and you can actually tell if a shot is made or not.. unlike those firstrow feeds which are just a blurred mess..

as for the lag, i ran it on my desktop no problems but it gave my laptop some problems..

16. hardensanity

hardensanity Member

I have never had a lag from the roxball link. I just use a hardline connection instead of wireless and get SD quality.

17. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

While it might be an acceptable stream (I'm not sure, never used it), what Jscmedia said was wrong. It is not in HD, and no matter what wires or hookups you have, it will not turn it into HD. The site he's describing is a glorified stream. A better choice than Firstrow or any other site, but still just a stream. To come on here and say people are uninformed or aren't trying to watch the Rockets if they haven't been able to do so, is ignorant. It's 2012. Everyone has an HD tv, a lot over 40 inches, and everything can be had at the touch of a button if you have any kind of cable/satellite company and the right amount of money. Except for CSN Houston. Which is the point everyone here is trying to make. I too have seen games this season, though none have come through DirecTv and onto my television screen, which is unacceptable.

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I am not happy at all with the Comcast thing. I am not going to switch from Directv because of two channels it has that Comcast does not have. Link TV and Free Speech TV.

I can live though not as happy with the internet and sh**** quality but that might be because I don't have a HD Tv and usually don't watch the entire Rocket game.

But I really want to be able to record the streams and am used to watching Rocket games when I want to and often times not live. Anybody know a free or modestly price program to do that? Will it work with all the need to reset/refresh or whatever?

19. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

What crock that the Chron article refers to Clutchfans as "one fan board." This is pretty much the fan board for Rockets fans and the damn writer should give proper credit to where he gets his research from.