1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast is bleeding me dry...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by azoghbi, Sep 5, 2011.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

today is the last day i have directv i have suspended (soon to be cancelled) my service going to see how well i do just getting everything via streaming, internet and OTA antenna

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you can't afford it, get rid of it.

If there's a price you can afford, have that in mind, and call them to cancel saying you can't afford quite as much as you're having to pay. See if that gets them to try and meet your price. If they don't meet it, then cancel it.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

years ago my roommate gave the cable guy a quarter bag of k.b. for premium channels.

ive got time warner in austin and basic cable + internets is now $120.23. two years ago it was $108 - and in that time they have actually taken away channels from their basic service. pisses me off.

i think im going direct tv - ive been getting letters in the mail from them for awhile and never opened them, but time warner is forcing me to them.

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

I have direct TV. $47 per month for HD 210 channels, 2 receivers, sunday ticket, and hbo for 3 months. I also have internet though clear wireless. The wireless modem is very stable and very fast at my home and it is $49 per month. So all in all I pay a little over $100 for both.

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I'm not sure. All I remember is the Rockets games sucked on FSN and especially on 51.

The modem lease fee went up in January.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

DirecTV FTW!!

$45 a month for God knows how many channels, HD DVR with about a thousand times the memory of my old Comcast HD/DVR, FREE SUNDAY TICKET, 3 months of free movie channels.

I still have Comcast for internet and yes they are still trying to screw me over.

7. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

last question for directv owners...

if you are in houston, what kind of fees, surcharges, and taxes do you pay aside from the 6.25% tax? i'm doing some number crunching to see if i can save a bit more by going with directv and comcast internet alone.

also does anyone here just have comcast internet? if so how much do you pay per month and how much are your surcharges, fees, and taxes?

just bought a docsis 3.0 modem today, can't believe i payed the leasing fee for that long. such an idiot.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I was told once by AT&T that I would not have to lose my TimeWarner email address by switching service over to AT&T. In the end, I didn't make the switch but it might be worth inquiring about if that is the only thing holding you back. I assume anyone could promise and deliver the same thing.

9. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Be prepared for more price increases and another cable company douchebag maneuver:

Needless to say, I don't have cable.

10. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Comcast sucks.

11. wreck

EDIT.

I had already done my obligatory comcast sucks post in this thread. oh well.

12. wreck

With the NBA almost certainly locked out this year and with Texans game being OTA in HD, there is not need for cable. Ill just spend a few bucks on netflix and hulu 16 dollars a month and hours of entertainment.