1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast is bleeding me dry...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by azoghbi, Sep 5, 2011.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

just ask them to transfer you to the cancellation dept, that's where the real negotiating begins. Customer Service/Billing rep can't do jack as far as lowering your price or discounting goes...

2. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

that's exactly why i made this thread, thanks for the protip. didn't know how far i had to take it with the customer service reps. i dropped a couple, "i honestly can't afford this so i'm going to be cancelling my service" and they didn't even wince. will try this tomorrow and see if anything interesting happens...

3. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

**** Comcast/Time Warner. I fired them years ago, wish I fired them sooner. I had them in several locations, they managed to suck everywhere.

Now I use a combination of Netflix/Hulu/Roku player/OTA antenna/NBA League Pass Broadband.

The only thing I really missed was sports, but since I live in Austin I get all the Texans games over antenna. I buy NBA league pass broadband so I can watch the Rockets. Last month of last season I was able to watch the Rockets on my TV since I have a Roku player. I understand you can get MLB the same way.

4. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Question about NBA LP. This may be nitpicking some but do we get to watch Rockets games from the FSHouston broadcast is it just the game without commentary or replays like it is on those free NBA LP broadband days?

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

how do you watch Rockets game if NBA LP blocks out local games?

6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

When I had DVR (4 years ago) with Comcast they leased the box to me for $7.

7. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

Yeah, Comcast is magnificent like that. Did you have HD as well or just the dvr service? Regardless, its very clear comcast has been raising priceses left and right.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I've had them for a month now and I just realize I don't even have any channels from 685-799. Redzone HD is on 714 and I don't have it right now. :mad::mad::mad:

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

On the flipside, I don't have cable tv anymore because I was basically addicted to Movies on Demand: $200 - $250/month bills between that and internet. You start to do streaming you're able to select precisely what you want and you're more willing to re-watch the same things over and over again. The only problem is that some networks and producers flat out refuse to digitize their content (even low-demand examples like "Big Bang Theory" or "Mike and Molly"), so you basically end up having to steal stuff to have a complete viewing experience.

10. what

what Member

I had the same problem with PPV Boxing. It spiked up the bill something fierce.

11. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Call 1800-Comcast, and speak to the cancellation department. Threaten to cancel and they will try to do something for you.

You will almost never get lucky calling 713-341-1000

12. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

^ This also use this link a lot http://nowwatchtvlive.com/2011/07/watch-nba-tv-usa-live-online-free-online-nba-tv-channel-usa/

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm guessing there's nothing on the Red Zone channel yet because the season hasn't started. DirecTV is the same way...the channels that host red zone and sunday ticket are dead until there is actual content to play on them.

14. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

comcast sucks!

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well the SD version shows up on channel 130, but nothing else will show up.

16. The Boz

The Boz Member

I switched from comcast to u-verse over a year ago and my comcast.net email still works perfect.

17. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Yup, for alot of people it never deactivates but for some unlucky others, the e-mail will automatically delete itself

18. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

thanks again guys, worked some magic and got it reduced by 10 bucks a month...

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I sent them a scathing email and had my live-in gf call them today and go off on them.

They are sending their technician out on Thursday to fix everything, and if he doesn't there will be hell to pay.

Hopefully we also got the 4 free months of Showtime, HBO, and a 100 dollar statement credit that I demanded.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I finally got around to comparison shopping recently.

Comcast charges DOUBLE what it is costing me for the same level of service with direct tv.
    and that includes whole home DVR that Comcast doesn't even offer.

needless to say, I'm with direct now.