1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colorado State Senators kicked out of office for supporting gun control

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Sep 11, 2013.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Make you uncomfortable? What an inconvenience. about 60 (on average) brave americans just gave their lives in service to the second amendment in the time siince I posted that.

Pour some out on the curb for them homie. :cool:

"Too bad there's not another murdered disabled kid" isn't going to win a lot of messaging wars homie.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So let me get this straight. A conservative starts a victory dance for booting out a couple of politicians who favor background checks (the *nerve* of them!) but now conservatives don't want to hear some intensity from the other side of the issue? In D&D no less?

No wonder you guys need guns to feel secure. Give me a break.

Of *course* you're going to hear about Newtown. The people I know who live there, including one person who was in the flipping school, a woman who bravely shielded a classroom of little kids, hope you will continue to remember the event and the horror in which so many kids died.

Don't want reminders, might want to quit crowing about "yea guns!" in a new thread. Seems logical. Otherwise, you're going to keep being reminded that your unwillingness to bend an iota over your hobby/obsession has a lot of collateral damage, ongoing.

3. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

I'm not sure what your argument is. Since many criminals already have guns, it's useless to pass measures that will make it more difficult for criminals to get guns?

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, sounds like you're one of the top candidates who'll accidentally blow your head off cleaning your gun or one of the other litany of ways "responsible" gun owners end up offing themselves or their kids. Good luck!

5. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Good, sound opinion piece.

But, the people of Colorado, via their Constitution, do want recalls available for every politician if need be, without grounds. And this day they have exercised their right.

While you don't think gun rights is worthy, apparently people of CO. think differently. As I do.

I might add, only 18 states allows for recalls. So if you're in Texas, you can feel better.

6. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

You don't have it straight:grin:

This was a grass roots effort that crossed party lines. It was triggered not so much by the types of legislation that was introduced, but in the manner it was handled. It was rammed through in a midnight session with very little discussion. If the rescrublicans had tried that crap with a dumbocrat pet issue, you would probably have seen the same thing.

Outspent 6 to 1...mostly by out of state interests, it still was successful. Map of where the money came from for both sides.....
    http://gazette.com/interactive-map-who-donated-to-the-colorado-recall-election/article/1505839

Morse and Giron refused "to hear some intensity from the other side of the issue" from their constituents before they called for a vote. Hence their constituents exercised their legal option to fire that ass.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Anticope

Anticope Member

Interesting. So you believe in defending your constitutional right by defying the constitution? That makes about as much sense as secession being patriotic.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

If voters want to waste their own time and money.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What's next? Concealed carry permits for blind people?

10. B-Bob

Oh, I'm dealing with it just fine. You'll note that I'm not the one who called for a whambulance when SamFisher brought up kids shot to bits in Newtown. (And you're not the one either.) Cheers.

11. Buck Turgidson

Just checking in as a gun-owner who hates "gun people". Carry on.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. B-Bob

By the way, Moondogg, that is by far the best gif work from a conservative cause I have ever seen. Their chop skillz are usually quite poor... Must have subcontracted the job, but anyway, it's very enjoyable.

14. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

I subcontracted it...aka image search;) I wished I had the talent that some guys have around here. My slight talent in that area(IMHO) lies in matching the right image with what's going on in thread at the time.

Sometimes I'm trying to make a point(as was the case here), sometimes I just try to illustrate the mood of the thread..regardless of whether I agree or disagree. And occasionally I just throw something out that's totally off the wall to see what the reaction is.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Another big victory for the gun lobby today.

16. treeman

treeman Member

B-Bob, you are sounding positively... "activist" in this thread. Unusual for you. Guns hit a nerve with you? Just curious.

I expect after what happened today we'll be talking about this more for awhile. Takes our minds off the clusterfark that is the Middle East, I guess.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>“When the shooting starts would you rather be armed or legal?”― Cormac McCarthy</p>&mdash; Ben Domenech (@bdomenech) <a href="https://twitter.com/bdomenech/status/379781971116711936" data-datetime="2013-09-17T01:40:52+00:00">September 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>