1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Collier dissing by an announcer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Nov 18, 2000.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm not sure how many other people heard this, but in the first few minutes of the second quarter Collier got the ball about 15-18 feet out and took a shot and missed. Bill Worrell said something like "Collier likes to take that shot" and some loser in the background that I could not identify blared "Too bad he doesn't make them either" or something to that effect.

Does anyone know who that schmuck was?

I found it quite ironic that in the minutes right after his comment Collier got a put back, a few free throws and a nice 18 footer.

------------------
    Only in America....do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

2. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I heard the same thing. It was so clear and loud that it seemed like he had taken Calvin's place when he said it. Pretty funny.

------------------

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Its not like he was lying [​IMG]

4. alaskansnowman

Yeah I heard that too.

I was glad when Collier started hitting his shots. I think Collier showed that bum a thing or two.

------------------
    president of the dan langhi fan club.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Damn, give it up. Collier's been playing very well, and he just hit a couple right after that. I know you were frustrated with him before though, but give it up. I've never seen anyone not like a backup C who can give you 10 points in maybe 10-15 minutes and then think an SG who shoots under 32% and averages 14 ppg in about 40 minutes is an All-Star. [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier fan club!

Looking for next year's Jason Collier or Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

6. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

On League Pass, I got Phoenix's announcers, including Fast Eddie. I found it pretty funny when he stated that shooting 3-pointers is pretty much "all" that Matt Bullard can do...

------------------
    Jazzkiller

7. RENDIGGLER3:20

I heard the Mystery voice also and I thought it was funny because right after he said it Collier got a put back oof of a offensive rebound then he hit an outside jumper,it was like Jason heard it to!

------------------

8. Valio!

Valio! Member

Yeah! who was that guy? Did Bill Worrell accidently send out a psycic message or something??...that was odd...why was some random guy responding to a comment made by bill as he's calling a game?

------------------

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm glad some of you other cats heard that too because I was starting to think I was hearing things that weren't there!

------------------
    Only in America....do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

10. Old School

Old School Member

What a crock! Bullard is a good free throw shooter, too!! [​IMG]

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

11. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

EJ was pretty funny, he said our offense was one dimensional and boring but I know he was smiling when he said it. He would have dropped in 40 a night if he was playing with us right now in his prime. I know EJ was drooling when he saw how much Rudy let Cat shoot. He was getting pretty excited about Dream playing well also. You gotta love EJ working for another team but still giving us praise.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Does Eddie Johnson always sound like he is drunk?

------------------