1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

College Station Cable - Rockets lose to Aggies?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thadeus, Nov 9, 2007.

Tags:
  1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

So, I'm looking at the online TVguide, and it's showing A&M basketball on FSN at the same time as the Rockets game.

This is not making me happy.

But, I know that the TVguide is sometimes wrong, so I have to ask other College Station people with Suddenlink: Do Aggie games always, often, or never pre-empt Rocket games on FSN?

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

You can always watch it on sopcast.

3. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

sopcast FTW :D

4. thadeus

The only reason I even have cable is for Rockets games. I'll be damned if I go back to watching that horrible little pixellated viewbox again .... but this is very irritating if my Rockets games are going to get pushed aside for Aggie anything.

5. pirc1

Well it is good to be able to watch that little pixellated box for people living outside of Houston. :eek:

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

League pass still free?? You may be able to watch there.

7. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

exactly, lr2 appreciate :D

8. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Then don't live in CS tard.

I love Aggie basketball.

9. pirc1

I just checked, looks like LP broadband is still free, that is pretty big size and quality!

10. eugeneli

eugeneli Contributing Member

How to get free LP broadband? Please forgive my ignorance on this. Thank you!

11. pirc1

Never mind. I tried to get a NBA account and tried LP online. It want an account number from the cable company. :(

12. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Maybe people with LP can email you their account number, and you can watch online and they can watch tv. and you paypal them $10 as thanks.

13. pirc1

I guess I can always watch it on sopcast like I normally do.

14. thadeus

nevermind. not worth the bs.

pirc1 - the point I'm making is that, considering I have no use for the majority of channels on my television but am now paying for cable ONLY because I want to watch Rockets games, I don't want to have to start using Sopcast again anytime Aggie girls water polo or Aggie shuffleboard comes on. I used Sopcast almost all of last season.

#14 thadeus, Nov 9, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  15. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

Dude, blame Fox Sports. The Aggie game originally wasn't going to be televised and was picked up at the beginning of the week. I live in Round Rock and actually want to watch the Aggie game on FSW but can't b/c of the Spurs. I was going to watch it on CSTV, but b/c the game was picked up by cable, they now won't show it on CSTV. So no Aggie basketball and no Rockets basketball viewing for me this even...sucks.

16. auddj

auddj Member

you tell em!!!!

17. thadeus

Listen kids, auddjj and mlwoo, I'm just looking for info - you can dedicate a different thread to your Aggieness if you want, but it's not really doing much here. I, personally, have no interest in how much you love A&M, and I doubt anyone else does.

Anyway - at this point, it looks like I'm just gonna have to flip on the television and wait.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I too love my Aggie BB. But right now I want to watch the Rockets. TAMU is playing McNeese for god sakes. And this is our year! If they aren't broadcasting the Rockets on FSNHD then I might try and find a bar (even though it will surely be Aggie BB central). Thadeus if you find a solution lemme know.

BIGGER THAN THE SUPERBOWL! :D

19. aggie87

aggie87 Member

damn! I came to houston this weekend and realized I wont be able to see deandre jordan play tonight

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My Suddenlink box says the Rockets will be on tonight. Nothing about the Aggies. Fingers are crossed... The owner of Paddock Lane is a Rockets fan, they might have the capabilities to show the game. Guess I will wait and see. Ideally I want to view both.