1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week Six

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocketman95, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Anyone watching the games today? I'm quite hungover, so I've been doing nothing but watching football all morning while sipping on some hair of the dog.

Exciting game between KU and ISU, KU spotting the Cyclones 20 points before coming back and winning 35-33.

TTU and KSU are tied at 14 after Mike Leach went for it on 4th and 1 from their own 30. Dumb.

Looking forward to the UT/Buffs and Mizzou/Huskers game tonight. Also hoping Oregon can complete the state sweep tonight. And of course my alma mater Texas State v. Texas Southern on tv.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

same situation.. hungover, sitting on the couch just watching.

Watched Georgia Tech shut out Duke.. now watching Bama/Kentucky

Color commentator just said "a lot of people think he's just a little, white, possession receiver".. he was in theway of complimenting him after that by saying he's more than that. But seems like he could get in trouble for saying it that way..

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I heard the same thing. He even kinda hesitated when he said it like he realized halfway through that maybe he shouldn't say it, but he'd already gone too far. But he meant it complimentary and he's just pointing out a perceived stereotype that's not necessarily true, so no harm at all in my view.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Saturday. Hungover. Sitting on the couch. Eating fast food. Watching CFB in HD. Thats the story of my life. Of course I am doing it. First time I ever gambled online for CFB was this week. Looks like I nailed all 3. Easy money.

5. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Oklahoma wasn't that impressive against Baylor. UT has a shot.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I am going to the Buffs/Longhorns game tonight

GO BUFFS!

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The "penalty" that nullified the Baylor interception was one of the worst I've seen in a long, long time.

M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

8. The Cat

Alabama really is leading a charmed life. Any member of this board picks up that fumble.

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

We put it on cruise after getting up 28-0 in the first quarter. There will be no cruise against Texas.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Illinois is looking pretty good against Michigan.

Penn State also looks impressive this year.

Juice Williams has the potential to be what Vince Young was supposed to be in the NFL. It's too bad the Texans wouldn't take a stab at him.

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I know that the inevitable letdown by Alabama following their stellar performance against Georgia accounts for a lot of what is happening today, but Kentucky looks like they are a pretty tough team.

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Kentucky has given SEC teams trouble often the last few years.. the SEC is just ridiculous

13. The Cat

Actually, what accounts for most of what's happening today is that the SEC just isn't that good. Alabama would be beaten with relative ease by any of the four Big 12 teams in the top 10.

The SEC is deep in terms of there being fewer Baylors and Iowa States than most conferences, but the top-level teams aren't what they usually are.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Onside kick coming up in the Alabama game. UK just threw a 49 yard TD.

15. Angle02

Angle02 Member

I thought it was funny how he said UT has a shot. As if he felt there was no way they would win. He probably didn't even watch the game and looked at the box score.

16. Sooner423

Yeah, it seems like a typical box score analysis.

17. Angle02

Angle02 Member

And OU hater.

18. Sooner423

Probably. Anything can happen in Dallas though. I'm not so arrogant as to say Texas has no chance, but I'm feeling pretty good. Is anybody here going to the game?

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ok, so what's the rule on that UT play? Is it past the line of scrimmage if the ball is over but the feet are not?

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Apparently it's the feet so it was a good call by the officials and great play by Colt.