1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] Week Seven

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Oct 8, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Oh, you mean calling a fade route on consecutive 3rd and goals isn't elite playcalling? :p

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ridiculous comeback by Baylor. Ridiculous choke job by TCU.

Neither side will forget this for a long time.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Eyes of a stone cold killer

[​IMG]

4. jdh008

jdh008 Member

The stats of one too.

5. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Also John McClain is particularly obnoxious on Twitter right now. He's doing that thing where, in the euphoria of a big win for one's team, (in this case, Baylor) a person goes through his timeline and retweets every. single. tweet. about the win.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

They rushed the field bc Baylor was down 21.

And that PI call wasn't right but neither was the fumble on Linwood (beast) after the blatant facemask.

#draftPetty

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

When you blow a 21 point lead with 10 mins left, it's difficult to blame the loss on one flag...particularly when the game was already tied when the flag was thrown.

8. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Baylor was favored and higher ranked. Rushing the field is kind of tacky.

1 person likes this.
  9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not at all. How you get to a tie game has nothing to do with it. That awful call probably prevented OT and handed the win to Baylor.

At the same time, TCU can only blame themselves for giving up 3 quick TDs and I guess Gary Patterson can plead temporary insanity for not punting.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

even though they were favored and higher ranked, TCU was still a tough opponent. That spread was too much. I was thinking Baylor would win by 3-4.

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

kid went to second baptist in houston.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

J.J.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Welcome to Kyle Field, <a href="https://twitter.com/JJWatt">@JJWatt</a>! <a href="http://t.co/xhyXJ0MrM9">pic.twitter.com/xhyXJ0MrM9</a></p>&mdash; AggieFBLife (@aggiefblife) <a href="https://twitter.com/aggiefblife/status/521091027285721089">October 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Major

Major Member

Rushing the field makes sense - they just had a miracle comeback to save a potential national title type season. I'm not sure who cares if a bunch of students are being "tacky" - I'm pretty certain the students had a blast.

Going for it on 4th down was the right call - TCU wasn't stopping Baylor at all, and 1:10 with 3 TOs is plenty for Baylor, whether they need 30 yards or 60 yards. The play call itself was really dumb and unnecessary. The use of TOs by TCU was great - they didn't need them for anything, and you never know when the other team might screw something up when you keep changing between offense and ST's - bring out 12 players, etc.

14. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I agree with your thoughts on rushing the field. I've never understood the criticism for rushing the field, as if it cheapens the win or should embarrass the winning team. Let the students have fun with it. Who cares?

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

people pay this guy for football advice?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Load up on A&amp;M -3 today.</p>&mdash; Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/520991535530528768">October 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

But, but, but his dad is a coach! :)

A&M sucks. Everything about them is overrated. Go take a seat already.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Absurd disrespect to Ole Miss with that +3 line. Glad I did not listen to Zierlein on that one.

18. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Whoop(s)

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I mortgaged my house based on your recommendation. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein">@LanceZierlein</a>: Load up on A&amp;M -3 today.</p>&mdash; Matt Thomas (@SportsMT) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsMT/status/521121257069481984">October 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

#BeWell

TCU coach: Baylor player threatened me

TCU coach Gary Patterson said Saturday night that a Baylor player threatened him after the Bears' 61-58 victory in Waco. He referred specifics to Baylor defensive coordinator Phil Bennett, who pulled the player away from Patterson. A school spokesman later did the same.

Bennett told ESPN.com the unnamed player "mouthed off" to Patterson but "did not threaten anybody."

Bennett said the player was upset by comments Patterson made about former Bears defensive back Ahmad Dixon after the past year's game. Patterson was rankled by Dixon's behavior after a targeted hit caused his ejection from the game. Patterson referenced an offseason assault arrest for which Dixon was later cleared.

On Saturday, the player found Patterson in the postgame melee at McLane Stadium, where students and fans stormed the field after Baylor's rally from a 21-point, fourth-quarter deficit.

"[There was] never a threat," Bennett told ESPN.com. "I jumped on him and got him out of there."