1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[College Football] Week 9

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Oct 28, 2015.

1. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Now, we can only hope that, after getting swept up in the emotion of this crazy win, Miami signs interim coach Larry Scott to a Charlie Weis-esque 10-year deal to be the permanent head coach.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

They missed the block in the back at the Miami 20, but called the block in the back at the Duke 20, but that one was actually from the side. So replay can only review: 1) kneel down? No. 2) Illegal forward pass? No. 3) a flag thrown for block in the back was actually in the side? Yes.

Holy crap. What a play. I didn't even know they could review those types of blocks. And then they missed the legit early block in the back so they're not allowed to review that? That's messed up. Blame Duke for not kicking it out of bounds and getting 1 play on defense set from the 35. But credit to Miami for making the miracle happen.

3. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

As a U fan, I haven't been this happy in years. Kids needed this W. As a Duke grad, that ending was infuriating. Both teams still alive for Coastal though. Great game!

4. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Endings like the ones in the Duke/Miami and Michigan/Minnesota games are EXACTLY why I'll take college football over the NFL every time.

Those types of things just don't happen in the NFL.

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

can't believe they took 15 minutes to review that return and missed two block in the backs and the knee down lol. crazy finish though

6. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

deshone kizer 6'4 230 4.6 speed.. remmeber the name, it seems josh rosen of ucla and kizer are the next mariota and winston type of prospects in the next few years

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:14022650&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

8. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

what also makes college football the superior product is that the refs allow the defenders to play defense( you actually have shutouts), the college football commish also does not intentially put rules in place to limit certain styles of quarterbacking, you have pocket passers, and dual-threats. You have beasts at rb of all races and creeds like christian macafrrey of stanford who would have to change position and wouldnt be allowed to play rb in the nfl

9. Beavis Stiffler

Well, there goes the American Conference's hopes of having two undefeated teams playing in the conference title and possibly a spot in the CFP thanks to Temple's lost to ND.

Now it will be the UH Coogs and Memphis battling for the American title and a New Year's Six bowl game.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is great but they should post the whole 10 minutes. This video stops at exactly the wrong moment because of what the ref says at the end.

When you combine the 10 minute wait on the refs with the play itself, this beats Michigan/MSU last week for craziness.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

That was insane! What a finish.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Would have been a good nightcap for college football if Wazzu had hit that FG.

13. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Agreed. I was pretty bummed that he missed it.

Ultimately, it's good news for the Pac-12 that he missed, though. A loss for Stanford there probably knocks them out of position for a spot in the CFP.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

ACC ANNOUNCES OFFICIATING SUSPENSIONS FOLLOWING THE MIAMI AT DUKE FOOTBALL GAME

15. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

16. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't think those errors should result in suspension.

Missing the block happens all the time.
    The miscommunication on why the flag was picked up happens
    They did not think his knee was down, that happens.
    Not penalizing a player for leaving the bench area was a miss, but not worthy of suspension.

17. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

hell of a response by jameis winston on the road, after matty ice tied the game.. too bad matt couldnt answer in ot

this is gonna be a great rivalry for years to come in the nfc south

18. Beavis Stiffler

I agree. They just got caught up in the moment like the officials from the "Hail Mary" play between the Seahawks and the Packers a couple years ago.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The bolded by itself is enough of a reason. They took 10 minutes to review the play and still got it wrong. Inexcusable.

If getting caught up in the moment was the problem, they should be fired immediately. Again, this "moment" lasted 10 minutes.

I doubt these guys ever ref another ACC game.

20. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You're a good man... I can't say that I agree with you.. but you're a good man.

#GoIrish