1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] Week 8

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Oct 15, 2014.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Putting Alabama ahead of Ole Miss right now makes no sense.

Maybe later. Lot of season left.

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I think Ole Miss is overrated. Bo Wallace is hit or miss. But I understand your reasoning to the contrary.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I 100% share your opinion of Bo Wallace. Talk of him being a Heisman candidate makes me laugh.

4. newAge_Rockets

My bad. Yeah Florida State is definitely in. I'm just trying to convince myself they'll get upset cause that's the only way I see ND getting in. I doubt the committee would want a rematch even though tonight's game was really an epic.

5. newAge_Rockets

I still think if ND goes 11-1 with top 15 wind over Stanford, AZ state, and maybe USC with just a loss to FSU they have a good shot. I just hate that we don't control our own destiny anymore!!

6. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

Yeah, that is pretty laughable. I'm guessing there will be a game coming up where he blows it. That Ole Miss defense can only do so much.

7. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

FSU plays at Louisville on Thursday, October 30th. That could possibly be an upset. Then they play Virginia, @Miami, BC, and Florida. Virginia and BC are both better this year but I doubt they can win. Miami has some talent but no. And Florida is an absolute mess right now. FSU will probably stomp them by 40.

8. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

The game at ASU will be tough. Not sure if Kelly or Bercovici will be quarterbacking for them. Louisville won't be a cakewalk most likely either. And then the last game at USC will be a challenge. We'll see. I really like Golson. He's improved a good deal since his first year. I wouldn't mind seeing them in the playoff.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Heck no to that playoff pool

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

4 SEC West teams will be in the Top 5 next week. It's looking more and more possible that 2 SEC teams get bids in the playoff, and probably rightfully so.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Do you think the 2nd team can squeeze in with 2 losses? Doubt it. IMO, the Iron Bowl will eliminate either AU or UA from contention. I can't wait for Ole Miss at AU and Miss State at UA.

Also, don't overlook UGA. Would not surprise me at all if they win the SEC Championship game against whoever.

12. Major

Major Member

It will be interesting to see how important conference championships are to the voters. Let's say UGA loses to Auburn but then wins the SEC, giving them a title but two losses. Do they go over some of the SEC West teams (lert's say a couple have 1 loss)?

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ole Miss is absolutely overrated. They're a solid team but there below a Stanford, Baylor, MSU, etc...

I've been hard on ND all year. They're basically a freelance football team and I hate that. I hate it. I also don't think FSU is that great either and it's frustrating that their schedule is so weak.

With that said, ND is far better than I thought. They're a good team. So is FSU (just not great). Sorry ND. Y'all are legit.

14. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I usually go out drinking to watch the games on Saturday so I don't check the boards that often.

With that being said a lot of Aggies were quiet last night. They all looked sad for some reason.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

2 loss SEC team definitely has no shot of making it. That would be ridiculous. But a 1 loss team with the schedule they play? It can happen, especially with how teams in the Big 12, Pac 12, etc. are falling every week.

Having said that...long way to go. It'll be fun. It just looks like 2 SEC teams is a likelier possibility than I thought it was a few weeks ago.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It can happen at 1 loss? It absolutely will happen if there are two 1-loss SEC teams. I don't think a Big 12 team even makes the playoffs. Definitely still early but I see 3 of the 4 teams locking a spot -- FSU + ND + SEC + SEC2.

So 1 of the teams from that group, the Pac12 and Big12 battling for 1 spot. If there's a spot.

Plenty of time for ND to drop one but they looked good.

#76 Ziggy, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  17. jdh008

jdh008 Member

The Louisville game is probably the best shot at an upset, but that's a pretty big stretch as well.

FSU hasn't looked great in several of their wins, and I think there has been an assumption that they would drop one in the regular season eventually (I felt similarly), but now, it's just not looking like it will be in the cards.

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Ugh. We won that game. Terrible call.

19. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

I don't think Ole Miss is below this year's version of Stanford. Stanford's offense is painful to watch every time out. And Baylor has looked very vulnerable with Petty's accuracy way off and the defense fading. So I'd probably take Ole Miss over them as well.

20. newAge_Rockets

Its ok. We're number 7 in the poll. After some SEC west teams beat each other up, we have a great shot at sneaking into the playoffs. Go Irish!