1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 8

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 20, 2010.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I don't see it on the guide (dish network)..

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Come on... this Texas team seems like they no vocal leader, no momentum, no will to win. Iowa State is playing hard on defense.... and Texas' defense has let up from the intense pressure they gave the Cyclones in the 1st quarter. This is what I said last time against UCLA after the first half... and the complete opposite happened.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

C'mon you guys. Iowa State got the snot kicked out of them 52-0 last week by Oklahoma. They aren't any good. There is every reason to think UT will come back and take this game, unless you just want to be pessimistic.

I'm actually trying to cheer up UT football fans. Must be snowing in Houston in July.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I realize nobody here cares, but I'm enjoying the beat-down of Notre Dame by Navy. It's now 28-10!

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

We need a star running back, or a guy who won't get injured every 5 play...

6. ItsMyFault

I'm enjoying that too... :grin: Any time ND is losing, it's a good thing.

A running back isn't going to solve all of the offenses problems. I do agree Texas needs a good RB prospect in the recruiting season, but I think they need a WR threat even more. Gilbert has to get stronger, and he has to improve his accuracy. He's under throwing a lot of his passes.... I don't know why.

7. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Our WRs for the future are those combos from Skyline.. Mike Davis and Darius White. They're already producing as Freshmen.

MOST importantly, we need a new offensive coordinator. The guy got away the past 7 years with his little bull**** offense because we Colt and Vince. He needs to get fired. I think we have some of the most talented players on the field at any given year, but we underutilize them because we do little 5 yard dump offs that require little skill.

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Some signs of life here.

9. ItsMyFault

Yeah Davis and White have been impressive. They just need to figure out who that go-to guy is going to be. I think Newton is a solid RB, Johnson is a nice 3rd down back, and Gilbert can also run. I think this year of just getting used to everyone will really help Texas contend next year, I know that defense is just going to get better.

About Davis... I don't think he'll get fired, but they really need to work with Gilbert and have this offense down. They have to take some notes from Oklahoma's offense and have that no huddle quick offense.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Another stall in the RZ. Gotta settle for 3.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Gilbert is just not as good as advertised....

DD

12. ItsMyFault

Stadium seems dead... as it should be. Sigh.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Now that it's 35-10, I can let that game go and focus on ISU/UT and MSU/Northwestern.

I don't know if Gilbert is a good enough QB for UT. Time will tell. Clearly you need at least a couple of big time playmakers on offense next year if he remains your starter.

14. Major

Major Member

Yeah - ISU is terrible, so that works in our favor. On the flipside, they've been tested playing some really good teams/talent this season (OU, Utah, Iowa) so they at least have seen that level of play before. Of course, they got their asses kicked in all those games...

I wouldn't be surprised to see the defense pitch a shutout and the offense do just enough to win. But I don't think it will be a dominating effort - barring major changes, I'd be surprised if we dominate anyone the rest of this season.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Bout time VT offense got going.

But it is against Duke :(

16. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Wow what a catch.

17. ItsMyFault

Wellp... Iowa State earned that TD.

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Lmao, this is ugly.

19. RedRaiderRocket

Guess I shouldn't be that down on Tech for giving up 52 points to Iowa St and losing, the big 12 is absolutely horrible this year. And of course Taylor Potts still sucks.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hate Muschamp's lack of press coverage...he is falling into the cowardly lion way of coaching just like Davis.

If UT crumbles this year, Mack will be gone.

And why DJ Monroe is not the starting running back averaging over 10yds every time he runs it is mind boggling.

DD