1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

College Football Week 8

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Watch Boise State and TCU end up in a BCS bowl.....together.....again.

Anybody think this was NOT intentional?

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

no and it pissed me off when it happened

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Me too. I would love to have seen TCU play the likes of Texas. etc. meh. I hate the BCS and NCAA love fest.

4. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Bama won't need a blocked field goal to beat Tennessee this year. I expect a dominate effort from both sides of the ball...but for the love of god where has our running game gone?

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Because we're not fooling anyone with our play call....run, run, screen pass.

How many times have we thrown the deep ball this entire year...maybe 6?

We have Julio Jones on our ****ing team....throw the ball deep....spread out the defense some. Make room for our runners.

6. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

yeah but julio broke his hand and didn't even play after aggravating it during the ole miss game. I think we should give him the week off in tennessee and then the bye week is the next week so that's two weeks for him to rest before we play LSU, then the scrimmage, then Auburn.

7. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Then again might be better then either of them playing the ACC or Big East champs.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just us fools who don't believe in the Illuminati.

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I agree resting Julio.

Maze and Hanks are great receivers though.

but we need a different game plan...we've been figured out....stop the run with eight-in-the-box....and watch out for the short pass...or screen.

I say we come out throwing in the Tennessee game....maybe even run the hurry up....have confidence in McElroy.

The when they they're thinking pass....run the ball down there throat because the field will be more open.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

In UCLA vs. Oregon, we finally have a Thursday evening game worthy of putting Fringe and The Mentalist on DVR for the weekend. That is, unless it's gets very ugly early in the game.

Most people are giving Iowa the edge over Wisconsin. I don't know. But either way I'll be watching LSU/Auburn. I think Les Miles will run out of luck and Auburn will win convincingly. LSU's offense will kill them.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The excitement of these "regular" season games wouldn't be there if the BCS wasn't the way it was... if there were playoffs, it wouldn't as exciting to look forward to each of these big games that are played every weekend. That said, I'd still like to TRY having playoffs in CFB but not having it has its pros.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't want to derail the thread, but I have to say this is complete & utter nonsense.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

agreed.

14. Major

Major Member

Exactly. If you have a 6-team playoff, 1 loss still has a decent chance of eliminating a team - or certainly knocking them out of a critical 1st round bye. The idea that teams would coast or that games wouldn't be as important is insane.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

How so? You have to admit that the level of the games would go down... Every week... one game can change the face of the BCS... If you were to have a playoffs, the games wouldn't mean as much if you were to lose a game. I think they had a segment on ESPN with Herbstreit and Mussenberger talking about this exact thing.

Never really thought of having a 6 team playoff... if you put it that way, I guess it's the same just that you'd have a playoffs instead of bowl games. I was thinking of a larger playoffs such as the NFL.

16. Major

Major Member

I don't think anyone has really thought about a large scale playoff for college football - just enough so every legitimate title contender would have a chance. I've seen proposals for 4, 6, and 8 - but never more than 8. I would start with 4 or 6 - I like 6 because the two byes really reward the top two seeds, but I suspect we'd see 4 to start (if it ever happens).

17. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Great point. I really think that if we win out we'll be back in the national championship game. RoxSqaud...do you ever come up for any of the bama games?

18. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Last game I went to was the 12-10 win over Tennessee where Terrence Cody blocked 2 field goals to win the game.

Lost my voice that day....what a game.

19. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

of course. What a great game haha. My two best friends and I started the "Nah nah nah nah...nah nah nah nah...hey heyyy gooood byee" at the end of the game. So you think your stadium is louder than ours?
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z475wBoEMRg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z475wBoEMRg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

20. Asian Sensation

I LOVE MY DUCKS!