1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 7

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wonder where KSU will wind up.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

BCS Standings:

25. Washington
    24. Texas
    23. Illinois
    22. Georgia Tech
    21. Penn St.
    20. Auburn
    19. Houston
    18. Michigan
    17. Texas A&M
    16. Michigan St
    15. West Virginia
    14. South Carolina
    13. Nebraska
    12. Virginia Tech
    11. Kansas St.
    10. Oregon
    9. Arkansas
    8. Stanford
    7. Clemson
    6. Wisconsin
    5. Boise St.
    4. Oklahoma St.
    3. Oklahoma
    2. Alabama
    1. LSU

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Woooo! Feels great to be overrated. Go Pokes! Although, a boy can dream.... it would be awesome to win out and get crushed in the National Championship.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Does anyone know why KState is so highly ranked? They beat a ranked Baylor team but that's all. Nobody else they have played is currently ranked. I don't get how they magically jumped up to #12, but their hardest games are coming up these next few weeks so I guess we'll see if they really deserve that ranking.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Other than the Baylor love fest, I'd say it's just the normal AQ bias. If you're AQ and unbeaten, you're going to get a lot more credit than you deserve. That's just how it goes.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Which teams behind KState would you put ahead of them?

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

From watching the games, I'd say Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan St, and even Texas A&M were better even though they don't have the unbeaten record that KState has. They just had a tougher schedule to begin with whereas KState has yet to go through their gauntlet. I feel those teams are better, and will likely end up ranked higher when the season is over.

8. AFS

AFS Member

Agreed. IIRC the computer simulations really like the Big 12, so winning in that conference really helps.

9. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

UH is the 2nd highest ranked Texas team in the BCS standings LOL! I wonder how high they can climb if they go undefeated the rest of year (entirely possible).

I really want to see Stanford in the National Championship game even though it's unlikely. Only way that happens is if they go undefeated the rest of the way which is no easy task since they face Oregon soon, the Big 12 teams beat up on each other and end up with 1 loss each, and Wisconsin loses to Michigan State next week.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Agreed, but KSU can beat any of those teams you mentioned on a given night. They have the Unagi right now.