1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 7

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 12, 2010.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

uhhhh.

2. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

UCLA didn't move into the top 25 when they routed Texas in Austin.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

So because one team didn't get to move up, it's unfair? As far as I know.. if you beat a top 5 team on the road, you should be in the rankings, especially if you're not horrendous. UCLA prob did get screwed in not getting into the rankings but that doesn't mean that Texas or any other team that would have defeated a top 5 opponent on the road doesn't deserve it.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. ItsMyFault

Considering they were already in the top 25 before the loss against OU and then beating Nebraska in Nebraska... I don't see why it's such a blasphemy to think that Texas shouldn't be in the 20-25 rankings.

6. Major

Major Member

I would repeat what Uprising said... :)

7. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

I don't think anyone has a problem with UT being ranked again. You sure are defensive about the Longhorns.

8. ItsMyFault

Well, I may have misunderstood. Not really being defensive, but I was trying to understand the logic behind the post I originally quoted.

EDIT: Well.. I'm stupid. I just got it. :D Fail.

#168 ItsMyFault, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

That's what you get for sucking for the past 10 years. I believe they lost the next week to Washington State?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

BCS:

25. Virginia Tech
    24. Mississippi St.
    23. Arkansas
    22. Kansas St
    21. South Carolina
    20. West Virginia
    19. Texas
    18. Arizona
    17. Florida St
    16. Nebraska
    15. Iowa
    14. Oklahoma St
    13. Wisconsin
    12. Stanford
    11. Missouri
    10. Ohio State
    9. Utah
    8. Alabama
    7. Michigan State
    6. LSU
    5. TCU
    4. Auburn
    3. Boise State
    2. Oregon
    1. Oklahoma

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...ts-TopStories+(Sports+-+College+-+Top+Stories)

11. ItsMyFault

I would agree with this... Oklahoma prob has the best team on both sides... but this will shift up a lot. I don't expect Oregon to run the table... but it would be amazing. TCU, BSU, and MSU should be able to run the table and LSU still has some big games. Bama could run the table... still doubting their defense.

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Sigh....me too.

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys have no idea how relived that I am that OSU lost. Not only will we stop being labeled overrated, but it will force the coaches to revamp for next year.

14. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

OU... really? They barely beat a Texas team that played one of the worst games I've ever seen the Longhorns play. (P.S. I still think they would beat Texas again... this isn't a homer post.) But I would take Boise, Oregon, TCU, 'Bama, and probably tOSU before I would take OU.

I must say, you are a pretty strange Longhorn fan. You get so down on them during games... I understand being negative, especially given what we've seen this year, but it seemed like it was preventing you from enjoying the hell out of the game yesterday, like any Longhorn fan should have.

15. ItsMyFault

Well, lets just say I didn't want to feel as disappointed if they did indeed lose as I was against UCLA and OU. It was almost reverse-jinx with what I was doing just in case they did lose so I didn't feel as bad. I hold them to high standards and it's hard to realize that now that Colt's gone, the offense isn't exactly the same.

As far as the OU goes.. they made a lot mistakes against the Horns.. but I still think that they have a solid defense and then they have a rush attack as well as a great passing attack. Demarco Murray is solid, Ryan Broils is a great receiver and Landry Jones is pretty damn accurate. As much as I hate OU, they're a good team. That FSU win was a big statement. I am hoping Mizzou somehow pulls out a victory against them next week though.

16. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Yeah, I get what you are saying. I kinda played mental mind-games with myself during the OU game too. It definitely helped lessen the blow.

And the more I think about it, the less absurd you're statement about OU seems. Man, that's depressing. They are definitely one of the best teams in college football, and they aren't that great. If only the 'Horns didn't choose this year to screw up a couple of games (and maybe more later on) then we'd have a great shot.