1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 6

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by thelasik, Oct 4, 2009.

1. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Big games none of you care about. Michigan at Iowa and Wisconsin at Ohio State. Big Ten will begin to sort itself out this week. Only one other weekend where the top teams match up against each other. I think Michigan/Iowa is a toss up, Forcier will win or lose the game. I also think Wisconsin is for real. Winning at Ohio State is tough, but if they do, they could be BCS bound.

Go Hawks!

2. junglerules

junglerules Member

I think the fact that Tebow has had to carry the ball 55 times this year is as indicative as anything else. Their RB's might have big play ability, but I still don't believe they can move the pile on third and short. It's causing Tebow to have to run the ball on the goal line and in the red zone, and he's taking a hell of a lot of shots.

Anyway, i won't argue that those stats aren't impressive. I'll just argue that stats don't always tell the whole picture.

3. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Honestly, the biggest reason Meyer runs Tebow so often in short yardage is...because he can. That's no different than any other year. Florida basically runs an option offense in the running game, so the QB is going to get his fair share of carries. How is that suddenly indicative to them struggling in the running game? How can a team even struggle in the running game when they average over 300 yards of rushing offense per game?

Think about what you're saying. You're saying the team that is #1 in the nation in rushing offense is struggling in the running game because the QB has run the ball 55 times, despite the fact that Florida runs a type of offense that features the QB as a rusher.

And as good as Tebow on the Florida RBs are, it is the offensive line that is the real star of their run game. The Florida running game was considerably different before the current offensive line matured.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Arkansas is whooping some arse!

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Wow where did this offense from VT come from the last few weeks.

31-0 :)

Tyrod Taylor is balling and Ryan Williams is beasting.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

OSU doesn't look like a ranked team without Bryant.

7. PointForward

PointForward Member

No, our tenacious Aggie defense is what's making them look so bad!!!!

just kidding, our D is trash :eek:

8. liamrock

liamrock Contributing Member

This is my first chance to see Jerrod Johnson and I dont understand how people are saying he is a Heisman candidate this year.

I've heard he's a great kid, but Heisman? I imagine he would have to put up big numbers the rest of this year.

9. Landlord Landry

Auburn trying to pull a 93 buffalo bills on the hogs?

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Surprisingly the Aggies are still hanging with the cowboys.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

UH up 14 with 5 minutes left.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

13. PointForward

PointForward Member

He's alright, but he's no Heisman candidate, he's not even a top 10 QB. Our offensive line is a joke, our secondary is a joke, and Sherman's blitzing on 3rd and long has cost us 2 TDs..

**** cheering for my college team if it's that frustrating. I must've done something really nasty in my life to deserve being a Texans fan and an Aggie fan..

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

wow. That aggie just got JAAAACKED UPPPPP

15. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I'm looking to see if Michigan can get a big win after losing a tough one to Michigan State.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

What a pathetic performance by UGA against Tennessee. How do you let a Jonathan Crompton led team drop 45 on you?

Messed up my ticket.

17. PointForward

PointForward Member

****ing great, a moral victory. we would've won if we didn't drop that easy catch a paraplegic could've made in the end zone on 4th down!, or if that pass didn't go right through our hand to land right in OSU's receiver's hands! or if we tackled correctly, or if we stopped their 2 point conversion.

But we didn't. Screw this. Freaking UH beat OSU, but we couldn't?

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Penalties have just killed Baylor.

Texas looks like they're much better than OU at this point.

19. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

how about them cougars!

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would expect my Buffs to lose by close to 50 points......I'm not kidding.