1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 6

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by thelasik, Oct 4, 2009.

1. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Game of the week is obviously LSU/Florida.

While everyone agrees Florida is the superior team on both sides of the ball, do you guys think LSU will jump to #2 if they beat Florida? Or perhaps even #1?

2. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

You beat Its my fault to it this week :p

I hope Florida looses but then again I dont like LSU either.

3. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

No way Tebow is going to be ready to play and therefore I like LSU to win it.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

QB isn't that big of a deal. Florida is stacked on defense and their backup QB is better than LSU's starting QB.

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

LSU might be ranked #4 but there's no way in hell they are the 4th best team in the nation. They do have the game at home, but I just don't see them pulling it off if Tebow is fully healthy.

Alabama @ Ole Miss is another intriguing match up when it comes to rankings and conference games, but I just think 'Bama will roll. Houston Nutt teams do not normally play well when they are subject to big expectations.

As an Arkansas fan, I'm excited to get a shot to play Auburn at home. Will Auburn win a second consecutive road game to move to 2-0 in conference and 6-0 overall? Will Arkansas win over Texas A&M prove to be little more than a win over a weak team or will it be a momentum builder? If you watched either of the two SEC games that the Razorbacks have played, you'd know their secondary is one of the worst in the nation. Gus Malzahn returns to the site of his first coordinator job in college with yet another high powered offense. The game could be real ugly for Arkansas if Auburn's offense rolls early.

6. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

I would agree if we were discussing any other QB with any other team, but we are talking Tebow here and we've all seen how much Tebow means to that team.

If Tebow plays, they win, if he doesn't, its going to be a close game still because of the Gator defense, but I think LSU pulls it out late

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

If LSU wins you have to look hard at them for the #1 poll spot. Their body of work would be the best out there.

8. thelasik

Agreed, they are only top 4 as they are one of four powerhouse undefeated teams from the six BCS conferences. Voters had no choice but to put them at #4 after what happened in week 4.

9. thelasik

I think they would have to win convincingly to be #1. However, history usually shows you will end up #1 if you are top 5 and beat the #1 team.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They need Tebow if its close in the 4th. They could use Tebow to help manage time of possession. But honestly, without Tebow, they become much more explosive as they have several game-changing weapons that will touch the ball more.

11. junglerules

junglerules Member

Even if Tebow plays, what makes it all the more interesting is his style of play. He's not a drop-back QB trying to avoid taking a hit. He's often delivering the hits on scrambles and short yardage runs. This year, with the struggles in the running game and a lack of big play wr's, he's been running it way too much. So, I agree Brantley is a very good backup, but he doesn't fit, stylistically, what the Gators have been doing this year in terms of running Tebow. Not to say they can't still win, they may just have to adjust the formula.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

No.... even if they beat Florida... the highest they could go is 3. Texas would move up to 1 and Alabama to 2. If Texas or Bama were to lose... then maybe they could.

Nobody beat me to anything, I always started it in the middle/end of the week because nobody else bothered to.

Anyways, I hope Texas crushes Colorado.

My games to watch are:

Texas-Colorado
    Nebraska-Missouri
    Alabama-Mississippi
    Florida-LSU

Really looking forward to LSU doing something against Florida. I doubt they can beat them because of how horrid LSU's offensive has looked thus far, and Florida arguably has the best defense in the country. Still, I hope it's a good game.

13. Pete Chilcutt

No need to get offended.

Anyways, hope Texas wins so they loose to OU the next week

14. ItsMyFault

How did I get offended?

loose.... yeah they will get loose. They won't need to go hard on OU... we'll trump those bastards right outta the gate.

15. Pete Chilcutt

Yeah its bye week not bi.

Before we get on the fixing spelling errors track.

If Bradford is back im sure UT will have a run for their money. Ill enjoy every moment of it.

16. ItsMyFault

Yeah, but see.. I didn't do it twice... I had someone proofread it and fixed it.

Bradford back won't really help them, he won't be a 100%... You'll be enjoying it alright... McCoy will be on the sideline chilling while the scoreboard reads 42-7 in the beginning of the 4th quarter. Dallas crowd will be cheering... as they know that Hook 'em will have done it again.

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

The Razorbacks have a really young team this year. I didn't realize how many players on offense and defense were sophomores and freshmen. I expect them to be like Ole Miss come next year. They'll probably be ranked and come in with high, BCS-bowl busting expectations.

18. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Struggles in the running game? Florida is #1 in the nation in rushing offense! In their 3-player RB rotation, the player with the lowest yards per carry still averages 8.4 ypc. Did you mean to write "struggles in the passing game?" Because that is something I could agree with.

19. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Just like last year, eh? ;)

20. ItsMyFault

Looking forward to some smackdown in Austin tomorrow evening on ESPN.