1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] Week 14

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Nov 26, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not looking good for MSU right now. Down 14 with a quarter to go on the road? Looking grim.

FSU looks shaky, but I refuse to believe they'll lose until it happens LOL

2. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I feel like I've seen this movie before. FSU muddles through a game but just ends up making one fewer mistake than their opponent on the way to sneaking out with another win.

I can't fight the feeling that UF has been better for most of the game, but the Gator offense just hasn't been consistently good enough for them to afford missed field goals.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ball game. Farewell, Mississippi State. You had a good run.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So...uhhh....Baylor is trying their hardest to ruin their season...

5. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Bad week for the SEC so far.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yup, terrible weekend for the overrated SEC.

0-4 out of conference(ACC) and lost one of it's two current playoff teams. Could also lose the second.

#46 J.R., Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  7. Beavis Stiffler

The Bayou Classic game between Southern and Grambling St. was fun and exciting to watch especially in the middle of 4th quarter where both teams scored three TDs in less than a minute. It came down to the last play for Grambling to tie and force OT but they came up short at the 1 yard line and Southern hang on to win the game and advance to play in the SWAC Championship.

8. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Seems like they have it under control.

9. Brando2101

Pretty crazy TCU will move into the playoff bracket this week. Still think Ohio st passes them up with a win against Wisconsin.

10. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Committee has said they will take injuries into consideration. Ohio St is done without Barrett.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We'll see how Ohio State looks like without Barrett.

Not the way I wanted to win but I'll take it assuming we hold on to stay alive with a big meeting with K State next week. Minnesota losing helps.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's arguably more impressive if Ohio State were to beat Wisconsin without Barrett.

I think it's stupid to take injuries into account. I know they've already said that's the case, hat makes an already subjective process even more subjective. That's not fair to the entire team for a season to depend on the health of one player.

Just my opinion...

And Baylor...my God...this is brutal...

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That's stupid. what happened to the mentality that teams win games not players? You should not penalize a team because someone gets hurt, if the results say they are deserving that should be all that matters.

But IMO, TCU > Baylor

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Baylor really screwed themselves today, but still has a good shot.

If we're being objective, this is no different than TCU laying an egg against Kansas and squeaking by, but this is certainly not a performance than helps their cause.

15. Brando2101

They're not if his backup beats Wisconsin.

16. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Russell is solid, but if Petty's not able to go next week, then I think Kansas St. has a good chance to beat Baylor in Waco.

And I like Wisconsin's chances against Ohio St next week. Hell even if Barrett didn't get hurt, I feel the Badgers would have a good shot to win.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lookin' shaky SEC/Alabama, lookin' shaky!

18. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Happy to see Auburn make a game of this. My fear was that they wouldn't have it in them.

19. Major

Major Member

How do you get the ball to the 2 yard line with 28 seconds left and the clock stopped for the chains, and only get 1 play off despite having a timeout? That was a disaster for Auburn at the end. They should at least have had 2 or 3 shots at the endzone there.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dreadful clock management at the end right there, but other than that, Malzahn is proving why he's one of the best offensive minds in the game. Absolutely owning Saban right now. If not for some dumb mistakes early, this wouldn't be close.

Don't care about the outcome. Just loving the idea of potentially screwing Bama. The West is so absurd this year. Everybody is good and everybody beating up on everybody. Crazy.

War Damn.