1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 14: Conference Championships

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 27, 2010.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

We have some of the conference championships next weekend....

Notable Games:

("Civil War" Game) Oregon-Oregon St.- ABC 2:30 PM CST
    (SEC Championship Game) Auburn-South Carolina- CBS 3 PM CST
    (ACC Championship Game) FSU-Virginia Tech- ESPN 6:45 PM CST
    (Unofficial Big 12 Championship Game) Oklahoma-Nebraska - TBD (A&M still has a shot of representing the South depending on the BCS rankings)

Looking forward to the SEC Championship game and the "Civil War".

2. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Go Beavers, Go Gamecocks!!!

Go Frogs!

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll go on the record first and say that South Carolina will beat Auburn. Feel free to call me crazy. After the game, also feel free to give me credit for being right.

Then again, maybe I am truly crazy.:confused:

Oregon State won't have enough to beat Oregon. They are out of gas. Their two early losses to Boise State and TCU were respectable. Then they won at Arizona. But ever since, the life has gone out of OSU and they have sputtered. The Ducks should destroy them.

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I will join you on the Auburn loses, Oregon wins, bandwagon.

I feel like Spurrier will have a great game plan to shut down Cam and expose Auburn's weak defense. Really all he has to do is copy Alabama's game plan from the first half.

5. ItsMyFault

The game will be close, I think the one thing that Auburn has in this game is the fact that they know if they win, they will be going to the national championship game... there's nothing bigger than that. South Carolina also has something to play for... a BCS bowl game. It'll come down to who wants it more, that's why I love these games... especially since it's the SEC.

If they are to lose, I'm all for TCU to get in the national championship. But, they'll get their asses handed to them by Oregon.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm pulling for the cocks and beavers.

College football: where sexual innuendo comes standard.

7. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Nevada lost half a million dollars by beating Boise St last week......GREAT WIN GUYS!

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I hope cocks can rise this weekend.

In the end, Oregon is going to win it all though

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

yeah, next time throw the game on purpose!

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

How so?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Non-week 14: Texas A&M going to the Cotton Bowl

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

In related news, the Big 12 can go **** itself and I can't wait until it breaks up for good. Could care less whether it's the Big East or something like that, just want out of this trainwreck.

13. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Revenue sharing in the WAC conference. Boise going to a BCS bowl would've brought millions into revenue sharing for the conference. The loss knocked Boise out of a BCS game and moved Nevada into a slightly better bowl game, however, the overall effect is a huge loss for Nevada and the rest of the WAC in revenue sharing.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lolz.

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

It is so crazy around here in Charleston (SC). I can't even imagine how into the Gamecock-Auburn game they are in Columbia.

It's all they can talk about. Heck, even Clemson fans around here are all into it.

The TV station here in Charleston is doing a 2 hour special pre-game intro before the the game and everything.

Interesting things to note about this game:

No team has beaten two teams ranked No. 1 in the same season. South Carolina already beat No. 1 Alabama.

This calendar year South Carolina has beaten No. 1 Arizona St. in baseball, No. 1 Kentucky in basketball, and No. 1 Alabama in football. They lost to No. 1 Florida in volleyball. So this South Carolina's 5th sporting event against a No. 1 team and they are 3-1 so far in those match ups. (They also have a match against No. 1 Texas A&M's Equestrian team in January 2011.)

16. Asian Sensation

I think the Beavers will put up a pretty good fight against us but we should win fairly easily.

I'm a bit torn on the Auburn vs SC game. I want Auburn to win and hold up their end of the bargain to set up a fantastic NC game against us. At the same time I wouldn't mind Auburn losing cause that would mean a lesser opponent in the NC game and a better chance to win it all for the first time ever.

Either way 1 + 1 to go. GO DUCKS!!!!!!

17. ItsMyFault

I just want Texas to go to the SEC or the Pac-10. I'm tired of this bull **** I hear every year when the Longhorns are winning about the pathetic schedule. Moving to either one of those conferences would solve that.

18. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

19. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

Hope yal are right on Auburn losing. Otherwise it's just gonna be cam newton and the college stripped of a national championship. Slow ass investigations. Everyone gets ****ed except Cam Newton, who will be making millions in the NFL.

20. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Arizona State reclaims the Territorial Cup!