1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] Week 11

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Nov 6, 2014.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Alabama and LSU recruit the same players from the same region. But it just seems like Alabama's players are smarter on the field than LSU's. Saban's guys just don't do as many boneheaded things as Les Miles' guys.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The refs are full of ish for that penalty when LSU had the ball at the 4, but LSU still choked the game after the refs gave them new life.

3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Like a personal foul call in overtime, on the road on the 2 yard line? That kind of smart?

4. newAge_Rockets

I was do hoping that LSU would eliminate Bama from title contention, but oh well.

Top 4:
    Miss. St.
    Fla. St.
    Oregon (unless they lose to Utah)
    Alabama

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Exactly. Like an identical personal foul call with 1 min left in regulation followed by kicking off out of bounds. Even less smart.

6. Beavis Stiffler

Well next week will definitely be an CFP elimination game between the MSU Bulldogs and the Crimson Tide.

7. Major

Major Member

MSU can potentially survive a loss. If they lose and then Alabama loses to Auburn, MSU is still in position to win the SEC with 1 loss.

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

9. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

How are the alabama players any smarter then? That O-lineman almost cost the team the game. They would have had it on the 2 yard line.

10. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

The committee needs to wake up and rank us in front of TCU, it is going to be ridiculous when they are in front of us on Tuesday when their loss is to us. Makes absolutely no sense.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Until this week the second best team Baylor had beaten was Texas, which tells you how weak their schedule has been.

If Baylor wins out and beats Kansas State, I can guarantee they will be in the playoff ahead of TCU. Although I think a 2 loss SEC team could still be ahead of both.

I'm guessing the ranking is something like..

1.Miss St.
    2.Florida St.
    3.Oregon
    4.Alabama

5.TCU
    6.Arizona St.
    7.Auburn
    8.Ole Miss
    9.Baylor
    10.Ohio St.

12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Bro, you can't be serious with Auburn and Ole Miss. They both have 2 losses and Auburn just lost to a terrible Aggie team.

I think Baylor will be #7

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah I don't see how Auburn remains in the mix.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I love how Patterson says he doesn't need to make a case for TCU over Baylor but then proceeded to do just that. He even mentioned that OU's top receiver was out. I didn't realize that a receiver plays corner bc Coleman embarrassed OU yesterday to a point that the player (Wilson) and coaching staff were yelling at each other.

Baylor beat TCU and will be the big 12 champs in all likelihood. Sorry but not sorry. We'll jump TCU when the time is right.

1 person likes this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You can't look at H2H because games aren't on a neutral field. Baylor beating TCU at home does not prove Baylor is better.

16. sammy

TCU lost at home to OU. A team we blew out on the road. This was OU's worst home loss in 17 years.

Bottom-line.. The team that is the Big 12 champs will ultimately decide it and the committee is on the record saying that it will.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

D*MMIT!! Wish I had had money to bet!!

BABY!!

Rocket River

18. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I think Alabama will beat Miss. State next weekend. But unless Bama completely demolishes them, Miss St will still remain in the top 4 ahead of TCU, Baylor, Arizona State, etc. Miss State probably needs to lose twice to get knocked out of playoff contention.

Oregon's probably in, unless they lose the Pac 12 championship (they'll most likely play Arizona State). If ASU wins their remaining (they still have to play Arizona) and wins the Pac-12 championship, they will likely jump into the top 4 ahead of TCU and Baylor. I suspect the committee views the Pac-12 in a more favorable light than the Big 12.

I just think there's a good chance that the Big 12 doesn't get any teams into the playoff, even if TCU and Baylor win the rest of their games (which means Baylor wins the conf. championship). Their best chance is probably for Alabama to drop another game.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It is a crying shame TCU blew the Baylor game. Shouldn't even be a debate about whether the Little 12 gets a team in.

20. sammy

You calling it he Little 12 doesn't change that the Big 12 is the second best conference in the game. TCU blew the game? Lol. That's bc Baylor imposed their will. Shock Linwood had over 150 rushing yards in the second half.