1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 11

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 8, 2011.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Oregon's registrar office won't leave me the f*** alone over a bill I already paid them, so, screw them. Go anybody but the Ducks. Lousy no-good cheapshot teabaggin' sunsabeeches.

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Put $100 on it.

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Depends. If LSU loses to Arky, then Bama would likely go to SEC Champ and likely beat Georgia. They would definitely get in over OU. (Though, there would be all kinds of backlash since LSU would had beaten both of those teams this year and it would prove that every game does not matter and scheduling good non-conference games means jack-****.)

Haven't all the voters always said you should have to win your conference to play in the BCS after the OU-KSU debacle?
    If LSU loses to Georgia in the Champ game, neither Bama nor LSU would have won their conference, so it would have to default to a UO vs OU.

Honestly I want the whole thing to blow up now:

Baylor beat OU. UT beat KSU. OU beat OSU.

Arky beat LSU. Auburn beat Bama. Georgia Beat Arky.

UCLA beat UO. ND beat Stanford.

Cocks beat Clemson. Clemson beat V-Tech.

And then just watch the Carnage unfold...

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

OU lost to Texas freaking Tech at home, sorry, that automatically disqualifies them from contention for the national title game.

Rematch? Who cares, it's about getting the two best most deserving teams in there. If It's Bama vs. LSU then so be it, if it's Oregon vs. LSU same thing.

In the end, the only thing this will show is that system in college football can be drastically improved by instituting a Playoff.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm all for rematches.

6. Major

Major Member

If OSU loses, this is going to suck for LSU. They will have beaten #2 and #3 already during the season on a neutral field and on the road and be the only undefeated major team left, and yet they will have to play one of those two again for the national title.

Even if they were to lose that rematch, I would argue (at least with Alabama) that their resume was better than Alabama in that they'd have a loss to #2 and a win over #3 and #2. Alabama would only have a win over #1 and a loss to #1. Oregon at least would also have a win over a top-8ish Stanford.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can LSU still be voted #1 in the polls following the bowls, or is the title winner an auto-#1? I assume its an auto.

Either way, its just a shame Boise State wont be there to beat em' all and show em' who daddy really is.

8. Major

Major Member

AP can do whatever they want, but Coaches' poll is contractually obligated to vote for the winner.

This season really was setting up perfectly for Boise, if only they could kick field goals... With enough people opposed to rematches, they'd likely have ended up #2 in the polls if OkieState were to lose to OU. Then it would just have been a matter of the differential of the computers.

9. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

LSU's schedule has been crazy difficult. God I hope they stay focused and get past arkansas.