1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 11

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 8, 2011.

1. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I feel that teams should be judged more overall by their victories rather than comparing each team's 1 loss, or putting a team on a pedestal because of their conference. If only the losses are compared, then Oregon should be ahead of Alabama because the loss was at a neutral site, and they have a much more impressive win:

Alabama: wins against # 23/14/12 (still to play #24)
    Oklahoma: wins against # 5/11/8/22 (still to play #2)
    Oregon: wins against # 18/4

IMO, Oklahoma should be ranked number 2 if they are to win out (with LSU also winning out)

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

You mean Oklahoma St. right?

3. jank1434

Well, I'm saying after the OU/OK ST game. After re-reading, I realize I didn't clear that up. Sorry. I just feel that OU is getting hammered by losing to Tech when their wins are much more impressive than UO and Bama. And Craig James is saying that OU should be punished by the injuries of Broyles (understandable) and Whaley (when Whaley was buried in the depth chart at the start of the season behind Finch, Clay, and Williams)

4. Asian Sensation

And rightfully so. You think Oklahoma should be ranked higher when they lost to TT at home? The same TT school that lost by 60 points at home yesterday? LOL... Who are you you? Jim Ross?!

1 person likes this.
  5. jank1434

Would you not agree, though, that OU's wins are more impressive than Oregon's and Alabama's? And let's face it, the Pac-12 is not very good this year. I mean, the real Pac-12 south champ cannot play in the conference championship (not saying that is the conference's fault, or that they would beat Stanford/Oregon), but the team representing the south is going to be destroyed.

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Still 3rd in all polls.

Word.

7. Asian Sensation

While I agree OU's wins are impressive you simply can't forget the fact they lost to Texas Tech AT HOME. That's just inexcusable.

It doesn't matter who Oregon's facing in the PAC 12 championship anyways because they're going to destroy whoever they face. Oregon plays USC next week btw.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It'll be OU and LSU, no rematches up in hurr.

9. Buck Turgidson

This is just my unbiased opinion, but for ****s sake learn how to play a little defense in your conference.

10. Buck Turgidson

And yes, I realize the irony of a BigXII'er making that comment.

11. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

GA will beat LSU.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Well then all hell will break loose.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No they won't. This is wishful thinking. LSU will beat both Arkansas & Georgia. In the BCS Championship game, they will smack either OU or OK State. IMO, UO has the best chance to knock them off, if they don't loose 3 fumbles.

14. Asian Sensation

You guys should be 4th. I hope you lose to Auburn.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Actually, OU vs. LSU would suck. Having the same 2 teams play for the national title twice in less than 8 years is freaking lame. I'm rooting for OSU, need some new blood up in hurr.

16. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I hope you die.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VePxbFQ-qfw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VePxbFQ-qfw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

18. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

I'm doubtful this would actually happen, but crazier things have happened so....

What happens if LSU loses to either Ark or Georgia and OSU loses to OU.

Who would play in the BCS Championship Game?

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Rooting for OSU to win the whole thing

20. Asian Sensation

Ducks and the hillbillies from Alabama.... Oh wait they're gonna lose to Auburn.

UO vs OU.