1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 10

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 1, 2011.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don't think so either.

Only in the first half.:p A&M starting to unravel(or rather just playing A&M football) and Oklahoma will make them pay. They're going to pull away/pulling away as expected.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've been saying all year Oregon will beat Stanford next week, but I'm wavering because of the injuries to LaMichael James & Darron Thomas and Cliff Harris' serious issues. If UO brings their "A" game, Stanford will go down. I just have doubts if they will be clicking on all cylinders.

Luck has come back nicely in the 2nd half today Oregon State. Looked a little shaky earlier in the game.

3. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

OU's Ryan Broyles out for the year with an ACL tear. I don't like OU but gotta feel for the guy. He won't be ready for the NFL combine and his draft stock could plummet. OSU's chances at the national title game just increased.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

lol @ Mussberger and Herbstreet doing in-depth analysis of the Bama-LSU game while OSU and K-State are playing on the field.

5. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Awesome, it's almost like I had $ on these outcomes. :cool:

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

From no offense to no defense. K-State driving to tie with 25 secs left.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Brain freeze by the K-State QB on the last play. Too bad.

8. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Great game between K-State and OSU! Unfortunately KSU couldn't pull it out to shake up the standings even more and put Stanford in the drivers seat for the national title game. Only OU legitimately stands in their way of a national title game and they will be missing Broyles.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if Stanford wins out there will be a clamoring to see Luck in the title game

10. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I wouldn't really say that you went out on a limb with any of these though... UH should have laid it on a 1-win team, OU didn't go into "rape mode" until the 3rd quarter (although they covered the spread), and saying that OSU/KSU would be high scoring is an easy call. I will give you props for being 3/3 though

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LSU would destroy Stanford or OK State in the BCS Championship game. Luck doesn't have elite enough receivers to throw to against this level of a defense. He's never seen anything like LSU.

12. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I may be a little biased, but I disagree. I feel as though the rankings (especially computer rankings) put more of an emphasis on who you beat rather than who beats you (unless the team is an absolute dog). Tech will still likely make a bowl game and OU will have a win against a top 3 team in the nation if they beat OSU. I'd be interested which 1-loss teams Boise State would get in ahead of if they finish the season undefeated.

13. Major

Major Member

LSU's defense also hasn't played a legitimate top-tier NFL type QB either. The SEC QB's are all terrible. The only good QB they've played is Oregon's, and they scored 20-30 points on them.

LSU's offense has no real star talent, and Stanford has a good (not great) defense - top 15 in the nation even after the wild triple OT game against USC. If Stanford can score 20-25 points and not turn the ball over and give LSU easy scoring opportunities, they could be in it. I think they'd have a very real chance simply because they play very smart, fundamentally sound football and have less of a chance to do something stupid than an Okie State, for example. LSU feasts on opponent mistakes, and Oklahoma State makes a lot of them (and has a bad defense).

14. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

I guess everyone who didn't decide to go out on a limb and get over 100% return on their $ must be at best mildly r****ded.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Luck isn't the main issue. The problem is Stanford's receivers aren't that good and LSU's DBs would have an easy time covering them. Their D-line is also stout and deep enough to stuff Stanford's run game (which is their bread and butter).

I think the shock of facing a defense as fast and nasty as LSU's would blow away any shock LSU would have facing Stanford's passing game.

A personal opinion based purely on observation: I think Stanford was better last year.

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It seems like I say this every single year... but once again this season looks like it is shaping up exactly how Boise State needs it to. As long as LSU stays undefeated the rest of the year, there's no way Alabama will play in the National Title.

Oklahoma State is almost certain to fall apart near the end of the regular season. Oklahoma is being hurt by Texas Tech losing every week. Oregon already lost to LSU, so we most likely won't see that game again the National Championship.

Arkansas won't even win their Conference as long as LSU goes undefeated.

Stanford is the only team that can legitimately keep an undefeated Boise State team out of the National Championship, and they play #8 Oregon next week.

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Following the game (God is apparently a KSU fan):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/szrNAepH-4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is exactly what my face looked like 2 hours ago. As you can imagine, we don't get a lot of 5.6 earthquakes here in Oklahoma. My bookshelf fell over and stuff went everywhere..

18. Major

Major Member

Certainly - I agree with all of that. But LSU has weaknesses too: mainly an average offense. Stanford's offense will be slowed, but it will still be the best offense LSU has faced. If they score 25 instead of 50, that still leaves Stanford an opportunity. They have an underrated defense, and LSU's quarterbacks are questionmarks at best. Stanford just needs to be the one to force the mistakes.

I'd also like to see Stanford over Okie State because they play a different style. The last several SEC championships have all come against spread offenses (Texas, OU, Oregon, Ohio State) - SEC speed defenses are ideal for stopping that stuff. I'd like to see how a more traditional, balanced offense does against LSU.

LSU would clearly be favored - and I agree that Stanford was better last year - but I think Stanford has the ability to make it very interesting; more so than Okie State does.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Some will, but OSU's schedule is clearly superior, and that would be the difference. You'd have to have a strong consensus in the human polls for Stanford to jump Oklahoma State, and I just don't see it, especially considering that Stanford trails OSU by a decent margin in the Harris. I could see Stanford pulling roughly even or taking a slight lead in the human polls (if they win out), but I don't think that'll be enough to overtake OSU in the BCS. Especially when you factor in that OSU's signature win (OU) would be their lasting impression, since it comes on the final day of the season.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

OSU is not that good, they will probably get hammered by OU......

Actually, there is no team that looks GREAT this year.....LSU and Bama have good defenses but their offenses suck.....

I kind of would like to see Boise finally get a shot....just to throw a monkey into the whole thing.

DD