1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 10

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Got the biggest match up of the year this week with Alabama and LSU. The winner of this game could be the eventual ntl champion. Aside from the big game, the big 12 has a nice match up between Ok. St. and Kansas St. and the SEC also has a nice match up between Arkansas and South Carolina.

Notable Games:

Michigan-Iowa- ESPN 11 AM CST
    Texas Tech-Texas FX 11 AM CST
    Stanford-Oregon St.- ABC 2:30 PM CST
    Texas A&M-Oklahoma- ABC/ESPN2 2:30 PM CST
    Northwestern-Nebraska- Big Ten Network 2:30 PM CST
    Purdue-Wisconsin- ABC/ESPN2 2:30 PM CST
    Army-Air Force- NBC 2:30 PM CST
    Utah-Arizona- 6 PM CST
    Missouri-Baylor- 6 PM CST
    South Carolina-Arkansas- ESPN 6:15 PM CST
    ASU-UCLA- Versus 6:30 PM CST
    LSU-Alabama- CBS 7 PM CST
    Kansas St.-Oklahoma St.- ABC/ESPN2 7 PM CST
    Notre Dame-Wake Forest- ABC/ESPN2 7 PM CST
    Boise St.-UNLV- 9:30 PM CST
    Oregon-Washington- 9:30 PM CST

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Kind of a boring slate besides LSU/Alabama.

I've lost interest in South Carolina since Lattimore went down, but they still might end up in the SEC championship game.

I still think Michigan is a mirage and their bubble will pop. They are 7-1 maybe on the way to 7-5.

Which Tech team will show up in Austin?

3. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Only thing I can see for sure happening this weekend is UH beating the snot out of UAB, Oklahoma taking it to A&M and a high scoring Kansas State/Oklahoma State game.

Oklahoma after losing to Tech and being out played the first 16 or so minutes of the Kansas State game turned on rape-mode. I think that'll continue into this weekend.

4. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

On the other side of the coin, Iowa lost to Minnesota and Illinois lost to Purdue. Nebraska should be a loss, even at home, but they also get OSU at home as well.

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I found it funny (at least it's listed on freesportsbet.com) that Boise State's moneyline is listed at -82500.

UNLV, you suck (at football)!

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OU fans watching Tech getting kicked by UT have to be throwing their hands up in the air.

7. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

They did that last week, I think at this point they are just shaking their heads.

8. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I <3 it.

9. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

when I was looking at the point spreads this weekend and I saw UT as two TD favorites I just couldn't see a lot of people taking that. UT has been far from dominate, and Tech did beat Oklahoma, in Oklahoma. I wouldn't have expected a 30 point lead in the 4th.

10. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Then you see West Virginia, Michigan and Michigan State all struggling, could be a pretty exciting day in college football.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very tough loss for Michigan. I think they blew the call and it should have been a touchdown.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Michigan got jobbed at the end of that game.

14. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

That was not a catch. The ball was clearly trapped on the ground. The final play though looked like pass interference.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

He looked like he had his hands under the ball to me. Either way, F Michigan.

16. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Stanford has been getting pummeled with injuries lately. Definitely does not bode well for next week's big time matchup with Oregon.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Oklahoma's receivers remind me so much of the Manning-version Colts, in that ANY incompletion is followed by at least 5 seconds of incessant whining and gesturing for some sort of defensive holding penalty. It's absurd. Don't recall them being this bad at it in recent years.

18. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Jones is 10-26, that's horrible considering the crappy secondary of the Aggies. Hopefully they pull it together in the second half, I need a Sooners win.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Surprised A&M is still in this. I dont expect that to last too long after the half. Hope I'm wrong.

Must suck for Oklahoma. Lose to Texas Tech, who then lose to Iowa St. and Texas. Not just lose, get beat bad.

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

after what we just did to tech, ou should not be allowed to go to the title game, even if everybody else has 2 losses. we threw the ball 8 times all game and still didn't have a single punt. even sleepwalking ou should have won by 3 TD's. what is it about ou playing against Texas and then against everyone else? i mean against us they're converting 3rd and 25's like it's nothing and generally just doing what they want and ripping the ball from our receiver's hands for TD returns, but here against a&m, one of the worst pass defenses in college football, they look clueless and are running trick plays with some guy named bell on 3rd and 1 instead of just picking a&m apart. and they lost to tech!