1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football]Texas A&M @ University of Texas - Austin

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Nov 22, 2006.

1. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Aggy will never win a National Championship- not in any of our lifetimes- that includes T-shirt fans like jgreen91. Godamnit their last title was in 1939- god damn 57 years ago.

Go molest some sheep or something.

Baaaaa means no you god damn sheep molesters.

2. AggieRocketFan96

Loser.

Who cares if the Aggies don't win a national championship, just as long as they stuff the horns!

And as for your sheep comment...nah, I won't even bother, you are a loser so it just doesn't matter.

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

let me guess, when Vince was on the team, he sucked, couldn't pass and just looked good because of all the great players he had around him.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i can't even begin to understand that paragraph. maybe you're not sold on yao ming as the rockets starting center either. he might be solid? when he was healthy we were 9-1 and he was 4th in the heisman race and on pace to shatter the ncaa TD record for a freshman. then he led a perfect drive against ksu and gave us a 7-0 lead and got hurt and since then the season has fallen apart.

after about game 5, he wasn't just driving the bus, he was the bus and everyone else was along for the ride. the only big game he wasn't good in when healthy was the ohio state game, his second start ever (and first against a real team), against the undisputed number one team in the nation with one of the best defenses in the nation. unless you really think he was himself yesterday and just decided to throw a season's worth of INT's in one game against a mediocre defense and suddenly couldn't throw further than 20 yards.

he might have average athleticism compared to vince young, but he's plenty mobile, gets away from pressure well (and senses it very well), and has pretty damn good speed. i'm not sure what more you want.

i guess if the next vince young comes along we can think about starting him, but vince's are once a generation players, not every 2 to 3 year guys who we can expect to be on campus tomorrow. if colt challenges for a heisman every year he's healthy, i think we can live with it.

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I'm still shocked, and now I owe an Aggie co-worker a steak lunch. :(

I think I'll take him to the Hofbrau. :D

6. Major

Major Member

McCoy is very much in the mold of Applewhite and Josh Heupel. He's a very smart player who makes the right decisions, but is the very definition of "college quarterback". In college, you don't need the guy with the rocket arm or what not to win if you are talented all over the place - you just need steady leadership. You can go with a hotshot prospect instead, but as often as not, they don't live up to the hype. You can't teach smarts and its a very underrated and hard-to-find quality. They've found it in McCoy - there has to be a REALLY good reason to replace him.

7. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Yes, very true. And Mack has to be very careful how he evaluates "potential", because a rocket arm and an NFL frame don't mean crap if you're prone to making mistakes. We've been there and done that with the Applewhite/Simms fiasco.

Unless we recruit a playmaker as good or better than Vince, McCoy is the man (assuming he can stay healthy).

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

What is funny is that much of the Mack Brown and Greg Davis criticism has come from UT's own fan community. It wasn't until last year's national championship that all UT fans became happy (they were pretty happy 2 years ago also).

I feel like I've been pretty unbiased around here. Of course I'm an Aggie fan, but while only a couple of us have overreacted, many, many Horns fans have come in here posting like whining jerks (many have been good though). That's just terrible sportsmanship. You're like the friend who just lost a pickup game of hoops but still keeps yappin. Dude, just shut up until you win the next game.

So in my honest amateur opinion, I think Colt McCoy will be fine, but it wasn't that far off for someone to suggest that Vince Young was the sole reason for a national championship. That's not the case in my book, but it's hard to deny that Vince Young's amazing play was absolutely necessary.

Can Texas return to glory without Vince Young. Sure, I think so. But during the process, if any more unexpected losses come (and I guess to most Longhorn fans, any loss is an unexpected loss), the criticism towards Mack Brown and Greg Davis will be back. One needs not to look any further than this bbs. Some of you guys with short memories fail to recall soooo many Longhorn fans calling for Mack Brown's head on a plate every year.

9. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Hmm. This is the attitude I find most disturbing about Texas A & M, both academically and athletically. UT's goal is to be the best in the country, but all Aggies care about is being better than UT. Short-sighted, and the primary reason A&M will never be a true flagship institution.

10. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I agree. I have been very impressed with McCoy. I guess you just have to hope that Mack doesn't get ahold of another Chris Simms. :)

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

A tongue-in-cheek statement, perhaps?

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I still want to see if he can go a full season without getting hurt.

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I think we need to give Mack & Davis more credit instead of bashing them so much. They brought Vince a long way, and Colt has played very well this year (the coaches get no credit for that?). Look at other teams starting freshman QB's this season and be appreciative.

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

This is hilarious... it must suck knowing that ya'll won't be close to a NC for years to come. As I said before, congrats on the win and go ahead and pat yourselves on the back for a 9-3 season. The difference between us is that ya'll are acting like ya'll won the NC after your season while everyone else (even Aggie fans) are calling our season a failure despite having an identical record.

15. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

As Aggies, we're intelligent enough to know that 1939 wasn't 57 years ago.

16. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

Typical classless Longhorn.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW....you are an idiot! Seriously. That's some class you have there. What a ****ing moron. 57 years?

I advise you to go back to school, if you've ever been....

let me do the math for you dumbass. When you subtract a number from another, and it's smaller than the original, like the 9 from the 6. You have to carry a value from the number to left. Since it's a zero you need to take 1 away from the 2....ahh I give up, there's no teaching you. Have fun at McD's.
    Code:
    ------
    You really are the pride of your school aren't you? Love the people it's able to put out. :rolleyes:

#257 Uprising, Nov 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  18. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

There's been a lot more trash talking from the Non-Horns in this thread. It's funny. You guys call the Horn fans arrogant and then proceed to act more arrogant than most Horn fans after a win.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

For someone who's not an Aggie, you sure get upset about things related to them.

There are classless fans at all schools. To act that UT fans are any worse than A&M fans is absurd. I could tell the story of Aggie cadets threatening my ex's 50-something parents after the UT win in 1994.

Or when the A&M student body president said on the pre-game show in 1999 that he hoped the memories of those killed in the bonfire tragedy would help them "beat the hell out of tu" after UT and other school's fans rallied to the side of the Aggie family after the incident.

Or how about the OU fan I was with saying he got a chubby when Colt McCoy was on the ground for all those minutes at the end of the game. Or the Arkansas band playing their fight song in Austin while a Longhorn player was down injured?

But, for good measure, "can you help me with this?" :rolleyes:

20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Exactly...the difference is that they get like that after a single win, we get like that after National Championships.

It's funny how A&M fans are more obsessed with UT then themselves.