1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football]Texas A&M @ University of Texas - Austin

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Nov 22, 2006.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Run the numbers from a year less convenient to your argument, like say... 1971, and then report back. THANKS

No Vince = No Good.

2. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

They listed it as Saturday.

3. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Okie State up 7-0 early in Stillwater.

4. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

I might have to eat my words later today, but don't count out the Pokes against the Land Thieves. I think it was '01 where all OU had to do was win and go to the championship, but they laid an egg in Norman and sent UT to the game.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well, this weekend has been AWESOME! :D

Here's hoping for a Rockets and Texans win and this will be the best week IN A LONG TIME.

7. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

With OU winning the Big South title, what bowl does UT get now?

8. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Im guessing Cotton vs Arkansas....or gator bowl

9. ROCKET RICH NYC

Ohh...I would love to see Texas play in the Gator bowl against Rutgers! However, Scarlet Knights might actually get a BCS bowl if they can take care of business against WVU.

10. ROCKET RICH NYC

I just read that the Cotton Bowl goes to the Big 12 number 2 team which would mean either Nebraska or OU to play a team from the SEC. So I guess no Cotton for Texas.

Here's some possible projections (prior to this week's games)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2627844

So I guess the possible Texas destinations would be

Gator
    Alamo (If Texas finished 4th in the Big 12)
    Sun
    Texas
    Holiday (If Texas finishes third in the Big 12)
    Insight (If Texas finishes sixth in the Big 12)

11. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

That doesn't mean that the literal 2nd place team in the Big XII automatically goes to the Cotton bowl (or the 3rd place to Holiday bowl...and so on), it just means the 2nd pick. So basically, they Cotton Bowl can choose anyone that is bowl eligible in the Big XII other than the Conference Champion or an at large BCS team. Usually it comes down to what school will bring the most fans to the games. UT will probably go to the Cotton or Holiday Bowl.

12. ROCKET RICH NYC

Gotcha..thanks for the explanation. This bowl stuff is confusing!

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Let me simplify it for you: Since yesterday morning, UT-Austin has gone from the Fiesta Bowl to Fiesta Texas (Alamo Bowl).

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

15. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

Sorry bro :(

I'd rather see you guys go than the Thieves.

16. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

Look at what USC has done after they lost all players to the NFL, they lost Leinart, Bush, White and most of their o-line and are gonna play for the championship. Texas really only lost Vince and Michael Huff as major losses, but they haven't been very good. Mack Brown is a great talker and great recruiter, but not a very good football coach, and he rode Vince's coat tails to the Rose Bowl win vs. Michigan, the game at Ohio State, and the title game vs. USC. The only reason the Horns did anything was because of Vince, their success was all Vince Young, without him they are just the same mediocre, cream puff playing, holiday/cotton bowling team as before, and now that Vince is gone, its great to watch them fail. F the Longhorns.

17. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I feel the same way, good post.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Do you have any idea how much of a difference there is between starting a senior QB like USC is doing vs. starting a freshman QB like UT did?

Texas really only lost Vince and Huff? I guess losing David Thomas (UT's best TE of all time...drafted by NE), Cedric Griffin (drafted in 2nd Round), Rodrique Wright (preseason All-American...drafted by Miami), Larry Dibbles, Jonathan Thomas (drafted in 3rd Round), Will Allen, Ahman Hall, and Ramonce Taylor doesn't constitute losing all that much. :rolleyes:

You Aggy fans crack me up...go ahead and pat yourselves on the back for a 9-3 season, we'll be finding ways to try to get back to the NC game. It's probably great for you to see us fail, but I can guarantee you that it isn't as great as watching your team win a National Championship. :cool:

19. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

hahhaha ur such a loser its not even funny. talk about horns envy, they had a decent season with a horrible loss to the aggies, but to say Mack brown is a bad coach, laughable,

and with jgreen agreeing with you, proves my point

20. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I've been saying for years that Mack Brown is not a good coach. VY is gone, welcome back to reality UT.