1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] #1 America's Team vs #7 Boone Pickens Toy Train Set

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

Tech fan here, dude, who the ***** elected Texas as America's Team?! LOL please don't say that again. Anyways, I think Texas is going to win because they have the most balanced offense, pretty tough defense, and a heisman candidate who has matured, faster, and stronger. Texas 49 OSU 28

Oh and as for Tech, GOOD LUCK. lol this is going to be a challenge for Tech's defense.

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Ummmm....A&M has not played Missouri this year.

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Tech is handling Kansas with ease. I hope Texas and Tech both win this week to make next week's game all that more fun and exciting.

Oh, and cut it out with the "America's Team" BS. As a Horns fan, I really don't want that label.

Go go go Big XII!

4. RedRaiderRocket

Can't ask for a better half for Tech, defense making stops when it needs to. Offense can not be stopped. Hopefully we can hold them in the 2nd half.

5. junglerules

junglerules Member

Agreed, Tech has looked good. Their offense is good enough that if their D can get a stop here or there, get a turnover, or even force a field goal, it makes them that much more dangerous. Crabtree does look banged up, though.

We'll learn a LOT more about Tech in November. Even this KU game is a cut below the other big 12 powerhouses.

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Good to see Tech in a potential blowout. This is a game that they would have lost in the past. Same with the Nebraska game as well.

As in the UT OSU game. I'm going with UT. 42 17

It's hard to compete with an elite team when you play them at their own place.

7. RedRaiderRocket

Yep I agree as well. Mike Leach though usually isn't can't be too predictable, Kansas has too good of an offense and we have to suspect of a defense to play conservative. Meanwhile Kansas State is giving Oklahoma some fits early in the game.

8. RedRaiderRocket

Great great game so far was worried coming into this week, we were even 2 point underdogs. Defense has been a pleasant suprise, Harrell has played great. Next up huge test versus Texas. Going to be hard but if we played like we did today, we have a shot.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I hope Texas wins this because next weeks game vs. Texas Tech will be awesome.

10. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

I agree, I am really impressed with both the offense and defense. They really proved themselves this week. I am excited about Texas playing in Lubbock.

RAIDER POWER

11. RedRaiderRocket

Yep should be a lot of fun, ESPN College Gameday will be in Lubbock for first time ever.

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

heading out to watch at a friend's place..go horns!

13. Fatty FatBastard

You were wrong.

14. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Define troll. The very first post I made here was after UT won against Mizzou and all the ONLY thing I said was that I was looking forward to this game. But then you guys proceeded to call us names so I just felt compelled to defend my team. Plus, if I still had my member status I would've created a separate thread, but I wasn't looking to be troll.

But alas, lets forgive and forget and move on and lets hope for a good competitive game like last year-and hopefully if we do get a lead on you guys we won't choke it up. ;)

Either way, orange will be the theme color today :D

On another note-WOW @ Texas Tech's azz chafing of Kansas. I know Kansas's defense was pretty porous coming into this game but Tech's offensive efficiency combined with KU's bad defense spelled a bad combination from the beginning.

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Techtards please start your own thread. It's not that hard.

-America's Team

16. RedRaiderRocket

Your a loser.

- Leach's Pirates

17. Fatty FatBastard

Oh please. Grow up. UT's game hasn't even started.

18. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

19. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

Apparently Chase Daniel was extremely impressed last week. Sorry if this has already been posted.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKAbA5AUgtY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKAbA5AUgtY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Shaky start for the Horns. The Cowboys have come to play.