1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] #1 America's Team vs #7 Boone Pickens Toy Train Set

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Oct 22, 2008.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Great game...big props to Ok St.

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hung on at the very end... Next week is gonna be fun; Lubbock will be the center of the college football universe. How great is that for Texas football?!?

It's still a little while away (11/29), but bedlam is going to be a great game this year too. OU lost to the Horns by 10 on a neutral field, and OSU only lost by 4 on the road. I could make a case that the Cowboys should be ranked hire than the Sooners; it'll be interesting to see if the voters think that way too.

Hook 'em Horns!

3. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

If Zac had that special pocket savvy that Colt possesses he could've converted a lot of our third downs. Zac ran the wrong way too many times today, running into your DE's containment a lot of times, whereas Colt would run straight up the middle where there's more open field.

Great props the Colt Mccoy. He really deserves the Heisman.

4. gucci888

This OSU is a better overall team than OU IMO. This was a nice hard fought win for UT. As bad as I thought the defense was today, holding the 5th best scoring offense to 24 is very good.

5. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Btw, for the idiot who said our coach seems like a "rude person," did you see what he (and Mack Brown) did when some of our respective coaches were getting into a little scruffle? Do you still think he's a "rude" person now? Of course, I have always had great respect for YOUR coach.

6. surrender

surrender Member

Now I don't feel so bad about the drubbing that OSU handed to UH. They're very much for real, even with Dez Bryant having a subdued game.

7. gucci888

I was wondering what that was all about, thought a couple players got into it.

8. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I think one of your coaches and our defensive coordinator, Tim Beckman, were trash talking to each other. Immediately, Gundy and Mack Brown separated everyone then hugged and congratulated each other. Pure class by both, even though some idiots still assume he's a maniac or a "rude" person based on his rant.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Great game, I was really impressed by OSU. I hope they destroy OU.

Next week in Lubbock is gonna be a wild one!

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Major league props to the OSU Cowboys! I hope you guys win the rest of your games, including a BCS bowl. I think you will smack Tech in two weeks and have a good chance of beating OU in Stillwater to close the season.

I think UT will have an easier time next week against Tech.

11. RedRaiderRocket

We will see about that, you doubted Tech this week and every week, but they are still undefeated. If Tech plays the way they played today Tech will beat Texas next week. This will be the biggest/most meaningful game in our history. Our fans and team will be ready. Texas has not played a tough road game yet this season, you can count OU but that was a neutral site. This Tech teams is much better than Tech teams in the past. We have a great o line, our wr's hardly drop a pass, we have out rushed our opponents every game so far this season, and our defense though suspect at times like most big 12 schools can make a stop when it needs to. That is saying a lot for old Texas Tech teams. Colt McCoy has been sensational, their front 4 is great but they are very suspect on defense as well. It should be a great game but I believe Tech will win.

12. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

jasonemilio,

Good game! That's a very nice running back you have. Bedlam is going to be a nice game this year.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You know, the great thing about it is everything will be decided on the field. Tech always has their difficult conference games late in the season. While this team might be better than in the past, I still see 8-0 changing to 8-3 just like it seems to every year.

Prove me wrong!!

14. updawg

updawg Member

what a game, great win for UT.

You have to give a lot of credit to OSU, damn, they are good, definitely deserve their ranking. I think they are the 2nd best team in the Big 12 south

15. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Thanks! :D Don't forget about Keith Toston too, he was bouncing off of you guys like a pin ball. :D

And yes, I hope that we will kick UO's in-bred, hairy ass later this year! But of course, we gotta take it week by week before worrying about OU.

16. RedRaiderRocket

Yep it is still a tough next 3 games. But the fact that we are still 8-0 makes me believe we can take any team down, if we play the right way. We have look suspect at times especially vs Nebraska earlier this year. But we have shown we can be great like we did today vs Kansas. However I still have not seen a defense that can stop us this season, or slow us down for that matter. I know its hard to count on Tech based from years past but so far we have been up to the challenge. Who knows I am just pumped about next weeks game. Plus the Rockets season starts next week should be awesome.

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i'm glad the longhorns pulled through. next week's game against texas tech is going to be a good one.

18. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

What a game!! congrats to OSU for a hell of a fight, so pumped for next wknd against tech. It wont be easy but I think Texas will be able to pull it out in the 4th.

Hook em!

19. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Seriously? 35 sec. or so and go 99 yards vs. 7 point lead and allow them the opportunity to return it. I did not like th pay action, they should have run a FB dive type play. But kicking a field goal IMHO would have been idiotic. They had such success against our ST....Why allow them that opportunity?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The D was tired, I take the points......and then squib it..........the problem is that if they stop you, and they did, a TD gives you a loss.......

Sorry, I take the points.

For the record, I thought that UT scored on 3rd down, the ball crossed the plane....I don't know why they did not review it.

DD