1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[College] Alamo Bowl: UT-Austin vs Iowa

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 30, 2006.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no need for the rolleyes,

they really stopped kstate and a&m when they needed, right?

2. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

ya a&m really had the D's number...all 12 pts

good win for the horns today (assuming they dont blow this) even against a lowly opponent like IOWA. rumblings before game was that they didnt care about game and i thought wed lose. colt is future of the horns and we got a shot next year with our schedule i think

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

look dude, you aren't the only ut fan on the board. you're just not objective. the texas defense has not played well toward the end of the season. they got a good stop today on a bust play. good for them.

4. mrdave543

im very objective when it comes to horns, their D has been weak this year but if u look at my statement all i said was making big plays in 2nd half.. please point to a game besides K stat where the defense didnt play its ass off in the 2nd half? i can count many games they won because of their defense in the 2nd half

go back and read your pessimistic posts throughout this thread...

thats what bothered me

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I pointed out the other game, a&m. its not how many points they scored, its that they allowed a weak offensive a&m team to drive downfield at the end of the game. and all my post haven't been pessimistic, I comment on positive plays and I comment on negative plays. get over it.

when I said mccoy made a great throw that was really pessimistic right?

6. mrdave543

Hook em horns win!!!!

7. junglerules

junglerules Member

Not the most impressive win, but I"ll take it. Feels good going into the offseason with a W, and at ease about the health of McCoy. I worry most about our O-line and secondary for next year, but I'll be curious to see if we go with JC all the time at RB, or if he splits with Vondrell McGee. Also, the schedule next year seems lighter, although TCU could be interesting and obviously travelling to Aggieland will be tough. Atleast we get Tech and Nebraska at home, though.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

How sad is the running game when you call a WR (Pittman) reverse to eat up time. :(

That Iowa team was not the same one that went 6-6. They could have easily manhandled A&M and KState.
    Great win nonetheless. Colt McCoy is gonna kill the Big12 D-cordinators.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

not if you're getting on someone for actually thinking our D might let us down. as if it has been the '85 bears D all year when we needed it to be.

well ohio state wasn't exactly an awesome effort. letting a&m have a 10 minute drive and convert about 400 third downs in a row wasn't exactly great. giving up big plays to nebraska to almost let them pull out a win when we dominated all game long wasn't very good. kstate was just awful.

just b/c oklahoma, osu, and ttech were good second halves doesn't mean there weren't bad ones. and considering the way we were letting that white guy run after the catch all over us it didn't seem crazy to think we were about to let them score again.

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

11. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Premature, but already heard that about you.

;)

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Good win for the Horns. Colt looked 100% this game and I can't wait to see what he can do next season.

The running game is a mess right now. Hopefully Mack and GD can look back and see why the running game has fell off so bad...you're not going to gain big yardage running East-West all game long.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

whew.

always good to close the season with a win.

14. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Great atmosphere. Good game. Eternal wait in the Rivercenter garage.

Go Hawks.

15. BullFan

BullFan Member

Colt looks like he's back. Thank Moses.

Anyone notice that they tried running alot of I formation and offset I in the first half. And got NOTHING out of it. They really need to address their run game problems this spring. Colt looks like he is going to be a force, but I dont think they can go another season with no run game.