1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Fortunately for 'liberalism', your perception of it has no merit in academia or in intellectual dialogue in general.

Your perception if 'liberalism' is nothing more than that... a perception... A perception held by a borderline high school graduate that lives an insular life.

#41 fchowd0311, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Ironically, he shamelessly collects his well-fare and food-stamps while criticizing the programs that allow him to do so.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Sure as crap wont matter if he wins on the field how he feels about the American flag. However, if he loses...he just wont be someone that will remain on that team much longer. Players have the right to their opinion and how they conduct and market themselves. Its their right. But there is no reason an owner has to tolerate such behavior...

If you feel that way about the flag/anthem...please DONT pretend either. Dont parade out military vets to honor them and their sacrifices...B/c God knows they have done more for our "FLAG/ANTHEM" than the National Football League. The Stars and Stripes are a symbol of oppression...but yet it was the only opportunity for this mental midget to become a millionaire.

4. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Is it still freedom of speech if I hope he gets trapped for life under an American Flag?

5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Understandable protest. Wrong way to go about it, IMO. Never cede patriotism and love of country.

6. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

So another incident where I think the NFL is being scared b****es to get involved.

Last week they wouldn't let the Cowboys have stickers on their helmets for the fallen Dallas police officers but was ok with the saints to wear one for a ex fallen player.

Now they seem to be ok with Kapernick sitting during the anthem and his statement he made for his decision.

Country is full of p*****s that are to scared to get involved.

7. fchowd0311

Country is full of p*****s who are so easily irked by symbolic gestures.

8. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Are you on government funding?

9. fchowd0311

You don't die for a flag. That's sad and pathetic. When I was in Afghanistan, I always thought to myself that if the worst happens to me, I hope everyone doesn't remember me for dying for a peice of cloth. People place to much value in symbolism.

Many of my former peers would vehemently disagree but so be it. They were able to eat up all the symbolic rah rah. U don't know why it didn't pluck my emotional strings.

#49 fchowd0311, Aug 27, 2016
  10. fchowd0311

Yes for the gi bill so I can finish up my MechE degree.

It's actually a '**** ton of money and I don't have to work. Let me rub it in for ya. I receive free tuition AND a housing allowance which is based on e-5 pay for the zip code where your school is. Fortunately for me, my school is in Massachusetts where my housing allowance during the semester is $2500 a month. My rent is $700 a month. So it's kinda of overkill. Jealous?

I'm a free loader. Deal with it.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's still funny to me that this kind of controversy could surround a QB so bad that he's losing a QB competition with Blaine F'n Gabbert....and it's not really close.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

People don't get arrested for racism or hatred since it's not a crime and all. Try again.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

a crime whose motivation is racism is a hate crime......

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Incredibly stupid. If he doesn't want to stand up for hard working folks that served our country than maybe he can just up and leave. There are far better ways to protest.

15. CometsWin

Yeah, that's the definition of a hate crime however you claimed there was hardly any racism and hatred in this country based on hate crime statistics which is ridiculous.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Your contention is that this country really is racist, but it just only manifests itself in non-illegal behavior? That's moronic, but fine. Then the racist behavior you are referring to is on par with saying mean things. In which case, who gives a ****. All of these BLM protesters tend to be young which is very telling. They have no idea what actual racism looks like.

17. CometsWin

It clearly doesn't only manifest itself in non-illegal behavior as the FBI crime stats show and no, it's actually not moronic and it's very much the experience of minorities every single day and it's been documented over and over and over and over again. What's moronic is the level of willful ignorance that people like you consistently display on the subject.

Saying something racist can be mean but saying something mean isn't necessarily racist. You don't even know what the hell you're talking about. Why don't you regroup and come back when you have a coherent thought. I know you don't give a **** and that's on you.

I really don't need you to define for me what actual racism looks like as my family and I have experienced it since I was a young kid. I doubt you can say the same which is of course your privilege.

#57 CometsWin, Aug 27, 2016
  18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I can't believe black and some liberals believe that blacks are oppressed. I really want those people to take an IQ test. I guarantee you that their average IQ wouldn't be higher than 80 which would put them at below average.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You're guaranteeing that blacks have anomalously low IQs as a rebuttal to claims of anti-black racism?

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  20. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

America treats black people so poorly. That's why this guy only makes tens of millions of dollars.

Maybe he should head over to Saudi Arabia where they will treat him like he deserves to be treated.