1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Cowherd hating hard on the Rockets and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, May 19, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

He didn't denigrate anyone... The level of standard education in the Dominican Republic IS very low by virtually every single standard. He never said Dominicans were stupid.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Cowherd has used Houston as his personal whipping boy for the past decade plus. Based on his bicoastal perspective, we have been the autistic boy in the room, somebody easy to pick on because you know we won't fight back. From hating on every Houston sports team to running a crusade trying to keep Craig Biggio out of the Hall of Fame, Cowherd has been the ******* of assholes when it comes to our city. Now that he's rolling and dodging trying to maintain professional integrity, he should not count on anyone from the city of Houston stopping on the side of the road to take a piss on his flaming ass.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Don't care for him at all, and Dan Lebatard is going to move into his slot which is a great thing...

That said, he didn't call Dominicans stupid. He said the country has a low standard of education and that many of the players from that country had very low formal education.... Which is true.

Cry babies are ruining this country. Do people want all forms of entertainment to be like Fraser?

1 person likes this.
  4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't care for Cowhead and most of his takes I find abrasive. But he said absolutely nothing wrong and absolute nothing inaccurate about baseball and the Dominican Republic.

Its time for people to stop being hypersensitive over the truth. If its fact and supported by lots and lots of data that simply can not be disputed then don't shoot the messenger. If people want to be offended then be offended at the Dominican Republic for having such substandard education.

5. MystikArkitect

....seriously?

There's plenty of truths out there you just dont say. Calling an entire country dumb is pretty bad. Deserved to get fired and hope Fox terminates him too.

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

He didn't call them dumb. He said their educational standard aren't " world class" which there not.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I don't think it was racist or anything but it was still a stupid thing to say. What was he trying to accomplish? He has to think these things through before speaking. I've always found him to be extremely obnoxious so I couldn't care less.

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

The irony is palpable.

3 people like this.
  9. crash5179

And yet what Collin said was the absolute truth. Do you have even one fact that supports supports otherwise?

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Just read this op for the first time. Lebron? When he makes a big dunk he will stop and find the camera.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

What he got fired for is not that bad. He should have gotten fired for way worse stuff he has said over the years. Oh well, whatever the reason, I'm happy! :grin:

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I think you missed the point of my post.

13. crash5179

Yeah, probably.

14. bmd

bmd Member

I have several friends who were drafted and play currently in the minor leagues. After their first stint in the minors when they came back to town, they all mentioned how uneducated the Dominicans are.

Apparently it was eye-opening because they all mentioned it, and they are all on different teams.

So it may not be "politically correct", but it's true.

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

It was clear his intent wasn't anything malicious so it ends there for me. Intent over content.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Repped.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Plenty of "truths" you don't say?

He didn't call Dominicans stupid, he said their education system is poor and it is. He also didn't say it out of the blue, it was in reference to a point he was making. The level of PC is getting insane.... So now people are saying "well what he said is true" but we just shouldn't talk about it?

I don't even really like Cowherd, he doesnt strike me as racist but he does seem like a snob.... but this guy has worked hard his entire life and people want to tear him because what he said is true, but you just don't say it? What he said isn't even racist!

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

**** that chode if I ever catch cowherd in the h I am throwin hands on site and that's a pen15clubber guarantee

19. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Americas educational standard isn't world class either unless you are wealthy.

American leads the world in 3 things, belief in Angels, prison incarceration rates and military spending.

20. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

You don't seem like the best person to judge that.