1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Cowherd hating hard on the Rockets and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, May 19, 2015.

1. bmd

bmd Member

He hates the whole South and thinks everyone is a dumb redneck.

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

If you don't like the cooking then you probably aren't a rockets fan. No offense. Harden has been doing it all season. noticed he doesn't do it all the time. Only after he makes a big play or shakes a defender out of his shoes.

3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

How Rockets fans see Harden:

[​IMG]

How the national media see Harden:

[​IMG]

4. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Wonder if he's aware that a unicorn only has 1 horn??

1 person likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The NBA is an entertainment lead, and Harden is entertaining.

The greats do a lot of trash talking. Harden does his trash talking with his gestures. I just don't see what the big deal is about a gesture.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Wasn't sure who he was until I read that SBNation article. ESPN Radio? We have Matt Thomas and a slew of local radio guys. We have technology like podcasts where we can time shift what we listen to when we are in the car. You can listen to Grantland, Clutch's podcasts. Why listen to this cow turd?

8. showa13

showa13 Member

Let's all remember this. ESPN has some bad analysis guys, like most of them are pretty bad. Then there's Skip Bayless, who IMO says stuff more so to get a rise out of people and play devil's advocate more than anything. Then there's Colin Cowherd, who just flat out sucks at pretty much everything. Skip is bad but sometimes his and SAS's banter on First Take can be mildly entertaining(for comedic purposes) but Cowherd just sucks. He's a guy who looks at stats and box scores and uses that as the ONLY judgement of players and teams, and he acts like he's the end all be all for sports opinions and analysis. So anything he says can be laughed off pretty much

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Colin Cowturd must've forgotten this little gem:

[​IMG]

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I swear. Every time this guy goes into one of his monologue speeches I think he's about to endorse his run for presidency or something.

I respect that he can do a talk radio show by himself. It takes some skill to be able to do that, but I feel like that type of host is best served in a world where opinions are supposed to run rabid... like some XM radio political show on either side. Or maybe the 700 club.

The problem lies when ESPN takes what an entertainer/clown (pretty much what he is) like Cowherd, or SA Smith says and then makes a headline out of it, and sells to the masses as fact.

Cowherd and Smith say that "Sources said" Harden is a bad teammate, and doesn't take guys like Motiejunas out to lunch enough. That is complete BS made up to shock rock and infuriate in order to entertain and engage, but then ESPN turns around and makes that a headline without context and siting SA Smith or Cowherd as sources. This is what ends up happening all the time with ESPN.

I just think there is a serious moral issue that the ESPN machine is churning out. Either they fire clowns like this who sell "opinions as sources" and go strictly to reporting on the sports world, or they go full FoxNews of sports and become a caricature... an up-front mockery that is there just strictly to entertain, provoke, and shock.

You can't be both.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread proves that lots of people listen to him.

12. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I remember after the Rockets traded for Harden Cowherd mocked us along with a few other teams for making move's for "B" players just to appease fans.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Guy is a hack. His entire prose is based on apologetics, which he contradicts the next day with some other hackneyed speech about this or that.

His schtick will get old just like Rome's did. Out.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wonder if he ever feels embarrassed at being such a know-nothing hack.

15. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Have you ever noticed that Cowherd and CaptainJackass are never seen in the same room together... coincidence???

;)

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

TBH, never heard of this Coward guy? Who the F is he?

17. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Don't forget his other quotes about Houston sports:

"Biggio isn't a true HOF, he just played a long time"
    "Watt is overpaid"

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL never heard of Biggio or Watt either. This thread is full of nobodies. I'm staying away.

k thnx bhai

19. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Wow. This guy has been consistently 3 steps off in each series. Let's hope his pattern continues for this series.

Mavs in 7? -> Rox in 7 -> Rox in 6 -> Rox in 5
    Clips in 5? -> Clips in 6 -> Clips in 7 -> Rox in 7
    GSW in 5? -> GSW in 6 -> GSW in 7 -> Rox in 7

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

CaptainJackass actually makes more intelligent points and is funnier than most espn commentators, which is sad