1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Cowherd hating hard on the Rockets and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, May 19, 2015.

1. bmd

bmd Member

But Colin is dumb. He's acting like Harden is the only one who does this sort of thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I do the same thing when I turn in my TPS report. I am just so pumped, I can't help it!

3. bmd

bmd Member

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

thanks for posting those gifts, the harden hate is absurd...even from rockets fans sometimes. who gives a **** if he stirs the pot id much rather have a pot stirring superstar than no superstar. they all do it and its out of passion anyways who gives a ****

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know why our fans get so butt-hurt over sports radio talk. They are always going to cater to the masses and go with what will get them listeners. Harden is an easy target.

6. MystikArkitect

Pretty much what was said:

Baseball. So easy even a Dominican can do it!

He's in the public spotlight. There are things he can and can not say, and he crossed the line. I'm pretty sure the same folks sticking up for him are the same people saying "Manziel is allowed to be one of the boys!" every time he does something dumb. When you accept fame and millions, you begin to walk on eggshells. Just how it is. I can't begin to comprehend how some people don't see what was wrong with what he said.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

No. A better comparison would be Donald Trump. Johnny Football was breaking the law doing illegal drugs.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

LeBron does those gestures maybe once per game.

Ditto Westbrook (because he usually doesn't make multiple 3's in a game).

I like Harden's pot stir... he just does it too often. Colin is being stubborn though with his Beard hate.

9. baubo

baubo Member

To be fair ESPN talking heads do have it a little tough. They're under marching orders to mostly talk about the most polorizing issue, but need to hold back and not have that "hold on, that's going way too far" moment.

Yet in the end they do this because it works. If you look at the opinion threads/posts with the most responses here, it's always the guy who makes an outlandish comment that everyone else feel like they have to respond to. Saying "McHale is a good coach but he may not be a tactician like Carlisle" will get a glance. Saying "McHale sucks and he needs to fired yesterday and replace him with Mario Elie" will get you 50 replies.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What should be the cut off number of pot stirs

11. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

You sir, are both correct in your observations about the media and wise in your assessment about the nature of most posters on here or sports forums for that matter. That's why trolls troll....heck clutch's podcast with Bima would get more media attention if they were more argumentative and polarizing. But since they make sense and are rational it won't get much play.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

0.40/game

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Donald Trump doesn't play baseball and Cowheads comment had nothing to do with delinquents.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Shaq says something favorable for the Rockets and Barkley does not, that doesn't make Shaq a better NBA TV analyst.

Cowherd not like the Rockets doesn't make him a bad analyst, his job is to get ratings and he's very good at it. It doesn't make him right either.

However ESPN getting rid of him for the baseball comment is suspicious because he wasn't coming back anyways.

If he renewed his contract, I'm guessing he would be suspended for a few weeks.

15. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Cowturd isn't dumb, he knows what he is doing. He has been the Skip Bayless of ESPN radio for several years now, he occasionally has some reasonable takes on topics but he has gone troll heavy over the last 2+ years, I cant even listen to his show for more than 30 seconds.

He is already headed to Fox Sports 1 so for those of you saying he got what was coming and bla bla bla, his last day was going to be this coming Friday. Not sure ESPN would have "fired" him if he hadn't already signed a fat new contract with FS1.