1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Coffee Nerds] What's your home setup?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bougie.

arif1127 likes this.
  2. Sajan

Sajan Member

did you tip?

3. no_answer

no_answer Member

In the past yes, but lately im tired of tipping the whole world. No one walks into my office and drops a tip on my desk everytime I send an email or make a spreadsheet. I went to Crumbl yesterday and didnt tip because that's just bs. Am I a terrible person?

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Tagging on- what’s the best dark roast coffee that I can make a pot of without using cups of grounds to dilute thinness?

5. Buck Turgidson

Wut?

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I got a coupon from Crumbl this week that said I could get one free cookie if I show up in-person. But... I had to go to the store in Edmond, Ok. to get it. Wth. I live in Dallas. I mean, yeah, Dallas is basically Oklahoma, but they really think somebody's gonna drive 200+ miles to get a free cookie? C'mon. This has nothing to do with coffee or tipping, but I'm kind of pissed since I can't use that coupon on a cookie around where I live. Well, tbh, I probably still wouldn't have gone.

7. no_answer

no_answer Member

You're going to want to double check for warrants in Edmond, Ok. This definately sounds like a sting operation ;)

8. Xerobull

Good, strong dark roast. Whattaya got?

9. Buck Turgidson

I didn't get the can make a pot of without using cups of grounds to dilute thinness? part.

If you want cheap, and are not a total coffee snob/aficionado (like me) but just want something nice

This is cheap and good:

[​IMG]

Xerobull likes this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Again, just not a coffee snob (does it taste a'ight, YEAH, will it wake me up a bit, YEAH, will it make me s!!t, YEAH....well, well well), unless I'm at a restaurant or something.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Not a coffee nerd or snob by any means, but this stuff has been getting some love lately and I've been using it for years so I wanted to shout it out. If you're like me and your stomach is rather sensitive to dark roasts/stronger brews, this is the darkest roast I've found that is still smooth to the taste and doesn't give me bubble guts. Granted I definitely destroy the toilet 30 minutes after drinking but that's more of a bonus than a problem IMO.

[​IMG]

Xerobull likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Thanks. About my speed. I will try that.

I meant that I had to use a ****ton of this Starbucks stuff I got to make an entire 12-cup pot that wasn't watery. I use about 8 tablespoons of the below Bright & Early coffee, with the Starbucks I had to use 12.

We were drinking this stuff:

[​IMG]

It's good but I had some amazing dark roast coffee on vacation and realized that I really like it more than anything else. I get it at Sams but it's very rare to see their dark roast stuff (it may be seasonal like their Pumpkin)

I'll try this too if they sell bags.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

YOU SICK ****ING PUPPY!

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That site he posted even has a recipe for the water you use lol