1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[COD BOMB] Rockets have a backup plan for BIG 6 if signing Lebron fails in the summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 19, 2018.

1. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I feel like a lot of posters here will give this a hard no but honestly....id be down for that. But of course the contract has to be right (not really sure about our cap situation tbch).

IT's career is slowly reaching a derrick rose-eque fall from grace. Playing along side CP3/JH and in MDAs offense could be exactly what he needs to restart his career and get a fat contract next season. He could easily become a third playmaker/scorer for us. I feel like it would be a low risk/high reward move. Low risk bc this team just won 65 games and was one hammy away from the finals so if IT doesn't pan out we are still good, high reward bc if he does even somewhat resemble the IT of the Celtics then its icing on the cake.

Im aware this dudes motor and mouth is questionable and honestly has the ability to kill chemistry but CP3/JH/Tucker aren't exactly pushovers. Also im saying all this assuming we resign CC and the Prince bc if we don't resign them then of course our needs will be different.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

God please no Isaiah Thomas.

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Well we lost one of the big six (man rotation) in Ariza... I seriously don't see a situation where I think this team is better on paper next year than we were last year. We had little to no depth and we just lost Ariza for nothing. I don't see any players on our team being expendable (except Anderson with no trade value apparently) and I don't see any players on our team being real assets to other teams like they are to us. Players like Gordon are incredible for us, but he's the type of player that you aren't going to get equal value for in a trade, so there isn't a lot of value in trading him because he's so valuable to us.

Other than Gordon we have PJ Tucker, who I think is untouchable. Then we have a bunch of young guys who aren't attracting the masses to inquire. A Capela SNT could probably net us a solid player but the nuances behind such a trade are pretty difficult to overcome.

Codman, I'm hoping that Morey's master plan (obviously he does have one) actually can a) happen b) make us a legit threat to the Warriors. Losing Ariza is such a painful blow in the short term but I know Morey has to have some sort of plan. Hopefully it's not just reducing the tax bill for the new owner. I'm most likely going to look back at this post in October and say why in the world would I ever doubt Morey. CP3 signed, he wouldn't just say, yea reduce the bill I want to get my money anyways.

#643 treyk3, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    brosef and kevtse like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he is fit, and willing to play as a backup PG, I'm all right with him as a Houston Rocket.

solodolo11 likes this.
  5. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Lebron would be considered an A-lister. He would be treated as an A-lister. He is a proven commodity and would be a big big office draw. If he only wants to shoot 5 hours a day, he will only shoot 5 hours a day and the production company or studio would bend over backwards to accommodate him.

6. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

This is a good idea. We need another playmaker/scorer. CP3 isn't going to play all of the games. This could be a great showcase for IT to get a big deal after this season.

saleem likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

Whatever points Thomas puts on the board will be negated by his lack of defense. We don't have enough personnel to hide him on that end of the court.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

solodolo11 deserves credit for this idea.

9. Garner

Garner Member

IT would be a fantastic regular season player; however, I would have serious concerns about our ability to find him minutes in the playoffs.

solodolo11 likes this.
  10. macan

macan Member

i would rather have melo instead of IT..
    IT can't guard nobody, at least melo is taller..

RudyTBag and steddinotayto like this.
  11. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If by playoffs, you mean against the Warriors... I agree. Anyone else, he's fine.

But as we know, this team has to be constructed with the Warriors in mind.

12. Garner

Garner Member

The Warriors are obviously included, but look at the Jazz too. He couldn't play vs. Ricky Rubio and Donovan Mitchell. They'd eat him alive.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Honestly, no. He is like Monta Ellis for smaller players, he is too ball dominant. If he doesn't have the rock every possession and enough shots he is just not useful. Part of the thought if we would have got LBJ is EGo probably would have had to go because those touches have to come from somewhere and how good is EGo with 5 touches? Thomas just lacks the ability to play D and his health is majorly suspect now where his entire game relied on athleticism. I just don't see his value now, very sad. The Celtics really disguised a lot of his shortcomings and you could tell by how well they played without him this year.

14. steddinotayto

Guys...I don't think you remember/realize how bad Isaiah Thomas' defense is. Even when he was lighting it up in Boston his defense was historically bad...and this is being surrounded by above average defenders everywhere.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

No thanks @ IT. Defensive deficiencies aside, didn't he say he's no 6th man or something like that? I have a hard time seeing him content in a 4th guard role.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

IT will be in China soon

17. broteinshake

broteinshake Member

We need more pure shooters

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  18. James&PaulAttornysAtBall

Those who are saying IT must enjoy those 3rd Qs vs GSW. His defense is atrocious

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have our offense. We need bulldogs and knife fighters at the 3/4, that can also knock down threes.

JaMychal Green
    Wade Baldwin
    Ennis the Menace
    Garrett Temple (My favorite)
    Quincy Acy

steddinotayto and DreamShook like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree. Rockets just need lunatics that are about that life.