1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[COD BOMB] Rockets have a backup plan for BIG 6 if signing Lebron fails in the summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 19, 2018.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Don't know why people keep bringing these two names up but it needs to stop.

Keep all old and washed players away from this team pls

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

3. JD88

JD88 Member

Could we possibly extend and trade Capela for another quality player and sign Boogie on a discount?

CP3 would keep him in line.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think it's pre-tty obvious that LeBron and Cousins are both signing a 1 year vet minimum contract to play with us. Who disagrees.

Rockets gonna be

P.G. - Chris Paul
    S.G. - James Harden / Eric Gordon
    S.F. - LeBron James / Luc MBA Amote
    P.F. - DeMarcus Cousins / P.J. Tucker
    ..C. - Clint Capela

Who says I'm outta my mind???

5. Coach E

Coach E Member

How do people want cousins? He’s cancer, he’s hurt, he’s overpriced, he needs the ball.

STOP THE MADNESS

6. Why not?

Why not? Member

It's kind of hard to come up with 6. I suppose my best guess based on where we are now would be:

1 - Harden
    2 - CP3
    3 - Capela
    4 - Butler (Trade EGo+Ryno+1st 2019+2nd 2019+1st 2021)
    5 - Jordan (MLE)
    6 - Melo (Min after buyout)

bilaal14 and Shark44 like this.
  7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Are there any reports out there that explicitly state that billionaire LeBron James is going to demand a max contract this offseason? Because now that I think about it, it's only been heavily implied through reports. We all said he HAS to opt in for us to have a shot. But what if he's interested in joining us at something like 15-20mil per?

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

No cap space for that. The most he could get from us right now is something like $5 million

roslolian, bilaal14 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

With obvious trades to clear cap, my guy.

10. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Isiah Thomas to back up CP3?

11. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Capela and Jordan would be such a waste, unfortunately.

Capela might fetch you a 6th big 6. Would have to be a sign and trade. In fact I would think we keep Ego, just sign and trade Capela to a 3rd team since Minny has Towns, Butler to us, and someone they covet to them.

CP3/Harden/Butler/Melo/DJ+Gordon

12. Why not?

Why not? Member

I disagree. I think Jordan put up great stats last year but is definitely declining. He's made it known he wants to be in Houston but has not mentioned being "the guy" or put out any sentiments that he won't sacrifice (a la Melo) for the team. Tbh, a Capela/DJ center rotation (kind of like our CP/Harden rotation at point) would be pretty nasty during the regular season. Capela on 26-27 minutes is really a sweet spot for him, DJ could play the rest and that way both guys stay fresh and involved.

I actually think the player I have more doubt in is Melo. The dude just said he wouldn't be willing to even come off the bench at this point in his career. That screams cancer to me. I think CP would vouch for him... and ultimately need to reign him in, if he joined us, but I think the interest is still there.

I love Gordon... I just don't see any possibility to get Butler and keep Gordon at all.

saleem likes this.
  13. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

So 48 minutes of center, you peg Capela at 26.5 and run Jordan for 21.5? You can't play them both at the same time, that's a spacing issue. Not quite the same as ball dominance sharing.

Melo is definitely questionable, I only used the example before me. Same with Butler, not my example, but Capela could have more value on the market than Gordon, we don't know. I purposely left that as "something Minnesota covets" as a catch all for something they would be interested in. Capela happens to be quite the asset, plus that amount of picks already mentioned.

Either way my point was Capela and Jordan together is not a great combination. Only 48 minutes for centers each game. The keeping Gordon as a 6th big was just because a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I also thought that would be a possible "buy low" candidate for Morey. If he is healthy, he is more than capable of being a smaller/less versatile version of EGO off the bench. You gotta think Gordon is getting traded eventually in Morey's quest to add star power.

15. rammo

rammo Member

While I agree, and he fits the bill in terms of currency at the trade table, ill be upset when EG is inevitably traded. Love him.

Completely smashed any of the “always hurt/wasted talent” stigmas that were on him when he arrived and excelled in our system. He was a borderline freaking all star at one point.

Fully expect he’ll be a casualty of war so to speak. If we can add another star and sonehow keep him I’d personally be stoked.

jevjnd likes this.
  16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

NO, still no space.

If we make $20 mil space under the cap to sign someone, that would mean we have to gut the whole team and renounce rights of CP3 and CC. Not happening unless LB23 says he will take the MLE.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Lebron says he wants to come here then Morey will find some way to make it happen using "new math" (his words not mine). We can all speculate how he will achieve that but since we dont know which trades are available speculation is useless.

However I dont believe in this "big 6" the priority is to bring everyone back and most like add another 5M player in the mix in hopes of getting another Luc on the cheap.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Welp... let's see what big 6 he is talking about...

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Capela + Jordan = sad face free throws

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

I can't wait!!!

This is gonna be soooooo awesome. People all talkin bout Le Bron and the Lakers, and then we gonna hit them with the BIG 6!!! Morey gonna shock the world!!!

I don't know how the hell he gonna pull it off, but it's gonna be awesome!!!

hakeem94 likes this.